Phase I: The End of an Era

A/N lots of angst and long chapter ahead

Jennie stares to the abyss as she sat on an empty bench at Central Park in a late afternoon. She was accompanied by none other than herself, and a small cup of tea she bought from a store nearby with a small muffin to compliment her afternoon choice of drink.

She couldn't even bother to look at the time and ignore all phone calls from her assistant who's currently looking for her missing boss. Missing you said? Yes, Jennie was suppose to be in a fitting for the Met gala event tomorrow but she chose to postpone it on her own accord and "ran away", as what her assistant and the rest of the team would call her by now. She closes her eyes and sigh as she notice another notification popped in from her boyfriend, which conclude her last straw of patience as she quickly grab her phone and click the power off button. 

Call her unprofessional but at this rate she couldn't care less. These past few weeks have been nothing but a roller coaster ride, both physically and mentally, for Jennie. She was tired of the façade she puts, displaying her best fake smile to her boyfriend and her ex, whom she was deeply conflicted to the notion of their relationship at this point. The confusion behind his sincere stare the last time they fuck-- or make love?-- was all it took to get her hooked on the idea that things might be looking greener once she clears herself from his accusation. 

Jennie groans as she pinches the bridge of her nose to relieve the headache she's currently having. Trying to balance being professional at day and guilt clouding her at night wasn't such a big help to sort her thoughts. But she's not surprised because if she hadn't made the decision to have an affair in the first place, she might not feel as guilty as she's feeling now. Seriously, when will she start making the right decision and free herself from the feeling she's so used to know? 

Honestly and I'm genuinely curious, what was it about Jongin that made her addicted to him? 

Simple, he was my first, Jennie replied to herself. 

Being someone's first love hold a powerful title in someone's life. Even though in most cases it never worked out, their impact was incredible. It was in the way you noticed many unfamiliar feelings emitted from them-- like how you constantly smile just by looking from them, or how you feel like home whenever you're near them and felt hollow when they're apart from you. And the next thing you know, you couldn't even picture your life without them because you consider them as your other half and sunk on the idea that they're the one tailored for you, because you're a hopeless romantic who believes in fate. 

That about sums me up, Jennie said once again. 

Jennie remembered the way she noticed those small things gradually turns into a powerful connection she made with Jongin. If anything, and god forbid this is true, maybe the reason why Jennie decides to finally give Taehyung a chance was also because he reminded her too much of Jongin. It might be out of desperation to release herself from the pain of losing Jongin, but Taehyung mirrored him in so many ways she could count. It was as if they're in a competition and they constantly need a rematch because their score would always come down to a tie-- like how Taehyung had hurt Jennie in the past and now Jongin's doing it to her or the fact that they're either dating her and had to envy the latter's position, just like they're doing now.