Met Gala

KIM JONGIN

KIM JONGIN

The universe did not favor me because here I am faced-- once again-- with the one and only, Jennie Kim. 

Often times I ponder how the higher being decides on the fate that was brought upon us. Our tale was supposedly tragic, meaning we were not meant to be. And though at the time we thought that we are, everything was clear when the truth came out. But with the intimacy we shared not long ago and her appearance today made it seemed like the universe is toying with us; should I say my feelings instead? 

I just released the huge collaboration plan with Balenciaga and safe to say that it was one of the best press in my entire career, per Irene's words. Not only does it create buzz, but both companies benefit a lot with an increase of demand in stocks. The collaboration itself generates a lot of revenue, and safe to say, Marco was extremely pleased once again with the work that I do. 

It was almost time for the Met, and this year, Ana Wintour decides to pair up two host to curate theme and come up with the invitation lists for this year's event. I've never hosted Met, and to be selected with the one and only Ana Wintour is an extreme honor. Irene did not even hesitate to say yes when the invitation came rolling on my email, and usually I would scold her when she signs me up with events I might not be interested in, but this one was different. 

This is the dream. 

But what's the point when I couldn't even enjoy it? 

Irene forgot to ask Ana's publicist for the name of the other host and I swear to god when she sheepishly mentioned it was Jennie Kim, I was trying my best not to fire Irene immediately. "You idiot! How could you not double check?" I said wanting to pull my hair out. 

Irene sigh. "Okay fine, it is my fault, but are you seriously going to say no if I mentioned it to you? You're gonna end up being Ana's black listed people who dared to say no to her, and you know the power she holds in the industry!" Irene retort, trying to prove a point. 

I groan. "I-ugh, a heads up would be nice, Irene!" 

Now her sheepish smile came back. I glared at her one last time earning another sigh from her lips. "Oh, come on! I know this is the first time in the last two years that you have seen her, but can't you just disregard and think how big this opportunity is for you?"

I ruffle my hair one last time before muttering, "Except this won't be the first time."

When I look back, I saw Irene's unreadable expression displayed while she said, "Explain, Kim Jongin."

"I didn't say anything." I quickly denied.

"Yes, you did! Don't take me for a fool." Irene said slapping my arm lightly while I winced.

"Why are you so aggressive about this?"

"Why are you dodging the question?"

I sigh. There's no way I can escape her. "I slept with her, okay?" I admit defeatedly.