Chapter 43

Chapter 43:

I opened my eyes and realize I was in Mikey's room. I remember now, I fainted. 

I fainted?

Then it hit me.

Mikey asked me to be his girlfriend!?

"Maybe it was just a dream" I mumbled to myself. I turned to the side and saw Mikey sleeping beside me.

What the fuck?!

"Why are you awake?" Mikey groaned as he woke up slightly from his sleep. "It's like 2 AM" I turned to the clock and realize I was knocked out for 3 hours.

"I'll move to the couch," I said as I tried to get up from the bed. I still don't understand why was I in bed with Mikey, when I sleep over I usually sleep on his couch.

Mikey quickly pulled me back into his bed and wrapped his arms around me so I couldn't leave. I feel like I'm going to overheat from the embarrassment. He's so close to me! I wasn't used to being this close to Mikey.

"I love you," He said as he nuzzled his head on the crook of my neck. My heart started beating fast, I don't know how to react, everything is moving so fast. "Go back to sleep, we have school in the morning"

...

I don't know why, but sleeping next to Mikey made me feel so safe. I had a great sleep, I haven't had a good sleep like that in years.

I woke up and saw Mikey still sleeping beside me. I slowly got up from his bed and went to their main home to see if Emma started making breakfast already.

The kitchen was empty when I got there. So I decided to make breakfast for them myself. I grabbed their tray of eggs from the fridge and white bread from the shelf.

"Looks like someone had slept well last night," Emma said out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I answered nervously. "How do you like your eggs?"

"How do you like Mikey's eggs?" She teased, I then dropped the 2 eggs I was holding. She then started laughing out loud.

"I didn't do anything to Mikey!" I told her as I started turning bright red.

Then a vision flashed in my head. Mikey was in bed with me, his hair was cut short and dyed black. He looked older than he is now, something like in his mid-twenties.

"Huh?" I said confused, as I started having a terrible migraine. It was so bad that I held my head in pain, and sat on the floor.

What was that image I saw in my head?

"Akaza-chan?" Emma quickly ran over to me to see how I'm doing "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just got a terrible headache," I told her.

"I'll cook breakfast, you go rest," Emma said as she helped me stand up and assisted me to their living room couch.

I took a short nap at their couch when I woke up from Mikey's whining.

"You overcooked the egg!" Mikey whined at Emma.

I groaned and got up from the coach. I headed to the dining area where Emma, Mikey, and their grandfather was eating breakfast.

"Akaza-chan, you're awake! How are you feeling?" Emma asked as I sat down on an empty seat beside Mikey.

"My headache is gone," I told her.

"That's good! Now eat up, we'll be late for school" Mikey said as he flashed me a bright smile.

...

It was lunch break so I decided to stay at the school's courtyard near the soccer field today. There weren't any people around since the 2nd year students went on a field trip and the first years are having a seminar at the auditorium. Mikey was called in the teachers' lounge for sleeping in class, while Draken, he was looking after Mikey.

I sat down at a bench and stared at the sky, thinking about what will happen now. Will Toman clash with the Black Dragons? What if they did? What if Shinichiro was around will he be able to help?

"I wonder what's going on with the Black Dragons" I mumbled to myself.

"Why don't we tell you" I heard an unfamiliar voice answer.

I turned to face the person who responded, I was in shock with the 2 people standing in front of me. One was familiar to me while the other I have never seen before.

"Nice to meet you, Toman's former 6th division captain" The sharp-eyed guy greeted.

Suddenly a weird image flashed in my head again. I was sitting at the dinner table with several members of Toman, Takemichi, Chifuyu, Smiley, Hakkai, Pah-chin, Peh-yan and Hanma were there. There were also several other people at the table, including the 2 people standing in front of me.

My migraine suddenly came back. I held my head in pain as the vision popped in my head, just like the image of Mikey flashed in my head this morning.

"Hajime Kokonoi" I muttered out of nowhere.

"That's odd, we have never met but you know my name," The sharp-eyed guy said, "Do you have a headache there, girly?"

Huh? I have never met this person and I have never heard of that name before, but why did I say it? 

"That is odd," The familiar one said, I have seen him before. He's always at Shinichiro's shop! "She only met me, when we were young"

"Inui?" I asked.

"You still remember," Inui said. "I used to always see you at Shinichiro-kun's grave, you haven't been there in a while"

"Enough with the chitchat, what do you guys want?" I asked.

"We heard you retired from Toman," Kokonoi said with a weird smirk plastered on his face.

"We want you to join the Black Dragons," Inui said.

"Excuse me?" I was surprised, I did not expect that at all.

"Let me rephrase, you WILL join the Black Dragons" Inui sternly stated. "Once Taiju retires, we want you to take over the Black Dragons, I'm sure that's what Shinichiro-kun would want"

"I'm not interested" I said as I got up from my seat and was about to head back inside the school, but Inui and Kokonoi thought it was rude of me to walk out on them.

Inui suddenly pointed a knife at me.

"You will come with us, right now" Inui said as he was still poining his knife at me.