Chapter 58

Chapter 58:

I quickly hopped on my bike and rode around town to find any signs of Tenjiku, should I go to Yokohama? I need to talk to Izana, I might be able to talk some sense into him. He must be confused since he must have been caught off guard with Mikey being Shinichiro's brother.

As I was heading in the direction of Musashi Shrine, I saw about 3 guys wearing a Tenjiku uniform. I quickly parked my bike at Musashi Shrine and chased after those 3.

"Hey!" I called out to them.

"What do you want?" One of them asked, "And why the hell are you all beaten up?"

"Dude, she's wearing a Toman jacket" The other one whispered.

"She must be the 6th division captain," The 3rd one said.

"Take me to Kurokawa Izana," I told them. 

"I'll take you to him," Someone said from behind me, he was a tall guy with a huge scar on his head "Kakucho, nice to meet you"

...

Kakucho brought me to an abandoned tall building in the middle of the city.  He said that Tenjiku's meetup place is on the 6th floor. 

As we got up to the 6th floor, there were hundreds of Tenjiku members hanging out but they quickly froze as soon as they saw me. This feels like when I went to the Black Dragons back then.

"Izana must be on the rooftop, you go ahead," Kakucho told me as he pointed me in the direction of the staircase.

I headed past the several members of Tenjiku and headed up the staircase, on the way to the rooftop of the abandoned building.

There I saw Kurokawa Izana standing on the edge of the rooftop, staring over the city.

"Izana, we need to talk," I told him, he turned his head towards me and smiled.

"Somehow I knew you'd come to me," He said as he got down the edge of the roof and headed towards me. "So did you pass Mikey the message?" 

"Before I do, I want to understand everything first," I told him "If Shinichiro was so important to you why would hate something he loves dearly? Shinichiro wouldn't be happy if you hurt Mikey"

I noticed his eye twitch.

"Shinichiro is MY brother" He yelled at me. "I'll destroy everything Shinichiro loves, so he would only have me! That includes you"

"Shinichiro is dead!" I told him "I don't know what delusional world you are living in but Shinichiro is gone, we all lost him, it's not just you who is hurting!" He went towards me and punched me in the face. He then grabbed my face with his right hand and made me look him in the eyes.

"That's why I'll turn Mikey into Shinichiro," He told me. "I'll destroy everything Mikey holds dear to him until he's completely empty, by the end of this war 'Mikey' will no longer exist"

So he never planned on killing Mikey, he's trying to kill the 'Invincible Mikey's existence' and change a hollow Mikey into Izana's ideal brother. It doesn't make sense but somehow it does.

"You need to move on, just come live in the dojo with us, Mikey and Emma would take you in and love you as their sibling," I told him, he then knee'd me in the guts and grabbed me by the neck, choking me.

"You don't understand, you will never understand," He said visibly angry. 

"Of course I don't understand" I manage to mutter out. "I don't have siblings, but I grew up with Mikey, Emma, and Shinichiro. They treated me like family even though I'm not related to them, what more with their actual brother, they will love you"

"Shut up!" He yelled choking me higher.

"Tell Mikey my message will ya?" He said as he let go of my neck. "This will be the last time I'll let you go, the next time we meet. I'll kill you"

His final words triggered an image in my head. It was barely a split second, but I saw it.

Emma... was lying in the middle of the road, bleeding, not moving.

"Huh?" I was so lost. What was that I saw? "Izana, all I ask is don't bring innocent people into this war," I told him, hoping the image I saw in my head was an aftermath of my head injuries.

Izana did not respond to my statement.

"I'm here" I heard a familiar voice say from behind, I turned around and saw Mucho arriving at the rooftop of the building

"Mucho, what are you doing here?" I asked Mucho who just stared at me.

"Mucho, welcome back" Izana greeted Mucho "You see, Mucho here was a buddy of mine back in juvie"

Mucho is a traitor?! I was dumbfounded.

the Haitani brothers then arrived and escorted me out of the rooftop. It was silent for a moment when I decided to speak up.

"I didn't think you two would conspire with Tenjiku," I told the Haitani brothers. We go way back, but I never really met them back then. They were my father's students, he taught them the delinquent ways for a brief period of time.

"If Ryouta-san found out what you've been up to, you'd be sent to a different country," Rindou told me,

"After today, we'll be enemies, Akaza-chan" Ran said. "If I were you I wouldn't be part of the conflict between Tenjiku and Toman, this isn't middle school games anymore"

"More reason why I can't let Mikey go in alone," I told them. I bowed towards them and left the building.

I was walking back to Musashi Shrine when I got a phone call from Draken.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice was a little hoarse from Izana choking me but I didn't think Draken noticed.

"Where are you? We saw your bike at Musashi Shrine" Draken asked

"I'm on the way back to Musashi Shrine," I told him.

"We have an emergency meeting, come quick. Mikey brought your uniform with him" Draken stated.

"You guys went through my stuff?!" I yelled from the other line, but the call was already cut off before I could finish my sentence.

...

I arrived at Musashi Shrine with several members of Toman arriving as well. I quickly headed up the stairs and headed towards Mikey.

"What's going on?" I asked Mikey whose eyes grew wide as he saw me.

"What happened to you?" He asked as he came near me and examined my swelling face and red marks on my neck. "Who did this to you?"

"It's nothing," I told him.

"Akaza, who did this to you, was it Mochi again?" Mikey asked.

"Kurokawa Izana" I told him. He just stared at me in disbelief and shock.

"The meeting is about to start!" Draken yelled, interrupting our talk.