Chapter 61

Chapter 61:

"Emma!" I yelled as Takemichi and eye was beside her crying, panicking. I don't know how to describe the feeling I am having right now.

I saw it, I saw it before it could happen but I couldn't do anything about it! I just brushed it off and now this happened! 

"I'm so sorry Emma," I said balling my eyes out.

"Emma?" Mikey said coming behind us, with Inui and Izana.

"Mikey" I was devasted. I couldn't have done something, I could have stopped it. Why did I just take it so lightly?

"Mikey-kun, I'm sorry," Takemichi told Mikey.

"What happened?" Mikey asked.

"A bike suddenly came and hit Emma" Takemichi explained, "It was Kisaki" he mumbled lowly. 

Mikey then knelt down and gestured for Takemichi to put Emma on his back so he could carry her to the hospital.

"Takemitchy, get her up here,"  Mikey said, Takemitchy then carried Emma and placed her on his back. "Aka-chin, call an ambulance" I nodded and did as I was told.

...

We then headed to the nearest hospital, but that was still too far away.

On the way, Emma started regaining consciousness.

"Don't worry Emma, we'll be reaching the hospital soon" Mikey told Emma.

"Mikey? I can't move my body" Emma mumbled weakly. "Oh yea, there was a bike"

"Do you still remember, when you were five, you'd always be chasing me until one day you fell down from the monkey bards and broke your leg" Mikey started off "It's been a while since I carried you on my back like this"

"Hey, if anything happens to me, please tell Draken "I love you, Draken" Tell him that," Emma told Mikey.

"Tell him yourself," Mikey told Emma.

"Emma, you need to rest, we'll be at the hospital soon. Just hang in there" I told her, she looked over to me and smiled weakly.

"Akaza-chan, I'm glad Mikey still has you, don't leave Mikey, okay?" Emma told me. I couldn't help but cry even more with her words. It's like she's saying farewell.

"You'll still be with Mikey too, us three and with Draken too," I told her "The four of us will always be together"

"That sounds nice," Emma said as tears started streaming down her face. "Takemitchy, please look after Mikey too, okay?"

Emma's suddenly lost her grip on Mikey, her arms fell dangling over Mikey's shoulder. 

She's gone.

"Emma? I promised Ken-chin not to tell you but he likes you, you know?" Mikey told Emma, "You guys love each other, so once we reach the hospital, I'll call Ken-chin right away"

"Mikey" I didn't have the heart to tell him.

"Takemitchy, can you check on Emma for me?" Mikey said lowly. "Emma's body is cold"

"Mikey-kun" Takemichi started crying. Neither of us had the heart to tell Mikey that Emma is gone.

"I've always dreamt of a future where you're going to have a child with Ken-chin, build a family" Mikey started off "Aka-chin and I would come over and visit, we'd drink sake talking about our pasts"

"Mikey-kun, Emma-chan is---" Takemichi tried to tell Mikey but just couldn't

"We'd be hanging out until late at night, Mitsuya and Takemitchy will come over too, we'll be really noisy" Mikey continued to tell his dream. "And the baby wakes up, and you'll yell at me,"

"Mikey, Emma's gone," I finally told him, but it seemed like he couldn't accept it.

"You'd start a family with Ken-chin, Aka-chin and I would have our own family too and our children would play together" Mikey continued "We'll all live happily together in the future with our family."

That was the future that could've happened.

...

I was sitting at the farthest corner of the waiting area of the hospital in deep thought, Mikey was in the front row, completely empty. 

Completely empty?

When Kurokawa Izana said he would destroy everything Mikey loved so he would be empty, he didn't just mean me. He also had his eyes set on Emma. This was what Izana wanted, but Emma was his sister! He wouldn't be that insane to plot the death of his own sister.

I don't understand.

How did I even know it was going to happen? It just flashed in my head, can I see the future? Was everything I've been seeing all a glimpse of the future? Maybe it's just a coincidence. I don't understand what's going on anymore.

Draken was inside the morgue with Emma, if anyone would be hurt more than Mikey it would be Draken. How would Draken react to this?

How would the two continue moving forward with this? They were going up against Tenjiku tonight. Without the captains and the 2 in command, Toman is done for.

What am I going to do now? This is all my fault.

Draken went outside, his eyes were also empty. He didn't make eye contact with anyone and just walked straight.

"Mikey, let's go outside for a bit" Draken muttered coldly.

This isn't good.

Mikey then followed Draken outside to the hospital's parking lot. Takemichi and I followed but I doubt there was anything we could do at this point.

"What happened?" Draken asked Mikey, but Mikey didn't respond, he was still completely devastated. Draken then punched Mikey in the face, but Mikey just took it and stood there. "You were there, how could this happen?"

"Draken, calm down!" I said as he was aiming at another blow at Mikey but I grabbed his arm, stopping him from hitting Mikey. 

"Calm down?! Emma is gone!" Draken said pushing me away as he forcefully swiped his arm from my grip. Hey, Mikey, What the fuck were you doing?!"

Takemichi then went on his knees and bowed at Draken for forgiveness. 

"It was my fault!" Takemichi yelled, "I was closest to her around that time, but I could not save! It wasn't Mikey-kun's fault! So Draken0kun please, if there's to blame, it's me!"

Draken didn't buy it, He continued to punch Mikey in the face with all his strength.

"You build Toman to protect everyone, right?!" Draken yelled at Mikey. Takemichi then ran and grabbed Draken from behind, trying to stop him from beating up Mikey, but he was too strong.

"We got Pah-chin arrested, Baji is dead, Kazutora got arrested, Akaza has sustained life-long injuries" Draken started off as he continued to beat up Mikey, He then elbowed Takemichi in the face, knocking him off of Draken "And now Emma--" He said as he landed one final blow at Mikey, knocking him down on the floor.

I can't blame Draken for doing all of this, for reacting so violently. Losing someone you loved most is the most painful thing you could have ever experience in your life. The darkness you'll fall into for several years. The trauma, the sleepless nights thinking where it all went wrong. All the regrets you wish you could have done while that person was still around.

It's hard, it's depressing, you just want to disappear.

"Emma is gone," Draken said as tears started streaming down his face. You could see how heartbroken he is. The despair in his eyes, it was so hard to look at.