Chapter 53

Chapter 53: 

[3rd future timeline pt.1]

I sat within the group of people, waiting to see Mitsuya one final time. I had Jichiro and Anri with me, Mitsuya loved these kids. It's sad to see him gone so soon.

Mitsuya was the last member of the 1st generation who was murdered recently. I think Takemichi, Draken, and I are the only ones left.

"I wonder who will go first, me or Takemichi?" I asked myself.

I got up from my seat and headed outside to get some fresh air.

"Jichiro, don't let go of your little sister," I told him, he smiled and nodded.

As I went outside, I saw a familiar face talking to Mana and Luna. Hanagaki Takemichi was standing quite confused about what was happening.

"Takemichi-kun, it's been so long" I greeted him.

"Akaza-chan!" Takemichi greeted me. "Finally, someone I know! Who are these two kids?"

"These are my kids, Jichiro and Anri," I told him.

"I didn't know you were married," He said, surprised. "Where's there father?"

"Mikey... has been missing for 2 years," I told him, "I just woke up one day and he was gone beside me"

"Mikey-kun... is missing?" He said completely shocked by my news.

"Anyway, today isn't about Mikey, let's head inside," I told him. 

"Where are we anyway?" Takemichi asked as he surveyed the premises. "Are we at a funeral?"

"We are, didn't Mana and Luna tell you?" I asked him. His eyes grew wide and quickly ran inside the funeral home.

There he froze as he saw Mitsuya's memorial in the center of the room.

"Mitsuya-kun is dead?!" He asked, starting to tear up. 

"Why are you so shocked? It's all over the news" I told him "Not just Mitsuya, a number of Toman's admin has been killed as well"

Takemichi was in complete shock, he stepped back as soon as he saw Mitsuya. I guess he couldn't take what he saw because he dashed out of the funeral, fast.

"Will you be next, Takemichi-kun?" I mumbled to myself.

...

Truth be told, I told Takemichi that Mikey has been missing for 2 years. That's not exactly the truth. Yes, he left his family a few years back, but this past few months, we have been talking. He's currently residing in the Philippines.

Mikey asked me to run a few errands for him, and once I'm done we can live happily in the Philippines and start a new life there.

"Jichiro, look after Anri while I'm gone, I'll be back by midnight," I told my son who just finished eating dinner with his little sister.

"When is papa coming home?" Jichiro asked me,  as he wiped his sister's messy face clean. "Anri is always looking for him"

Anri was such a papa's girl. Mikey practically raised her, so it was natural for her to keep looking for her father.

"We'll be with him soon," I told him as I kissed my children on top of their heads and headed out of the house.

I grabbed my duffle bag and headed to my car. I hopped in and headed to an abandoned building on the outskirts of Ikebukuro.

I grabbed my duffle bag from the trunk and headed inside the abandoned building.

There I met up with a familiar face.