Chapter 108

Chapter 108:

"That's odd," I mumbled as nothing came out from the gun once I pulled the trigger.

Right, I removed all the bullets earlier. 

"Huh?" Takemichi was confused but relieved that I haven't shot him, seems like he gets to live another day.

"Luck must be on your side," I said as I placed the gun back in my back pocket, "Watch your back, I'm still coming for you,"

"Akaza-chan, we can save Mikey-kun together like we always do! Remember during the fight against Tenjiku, we fought together! Also in the future, when Mikey jumped off the building, we both held onto him!" Takemichi tried to reason, "We can save him if we work together!"

"Didn't Mikey tell you he doesn't want to be saved? He said so himself didn't he? Don't come looking for him. Now that you did, what did it cost? Draken," I told him, "Mikey has no one left, Draken was his heart, who will he come home to now?"

"He still has you," Takemichi said as he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

The moment our skin made contact, a vision appeared in my head. It wasn't just a glimpse of the future, it was a full memory of what will happen in 10 years.

...

"About 13 years ago, I went blind from a head injury," I told the doctor as I was being examined, my vision was getting blurry after being attacked by another gang.

Apparently, in this future, after Dollars merged with Kanto Manji Gang and evolved into a more sinister gang than Bonten, I have been participating in Bonten's schemes as their hitman. Since I handled a gun at a very young age, my aim was impeccable compared to any other members of Bonten, so Mikey left me in charge of shooting the main targets.

During one of our raids, I was attacked from behind when I was aiming to shoot the opposing gang's leader from the rooftop of another building. There was a traitor in Bonten that leaked the plan and my location to them, so the mission failed.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, you're going blind and this time surgery might not help you anymore," the doctor said as he was reading the results of my examination, I just sat there frozen.

"You're kidding me," I mumbled in shock, if I go blind then what use do I have in Bonten? I can't be a gunman if my vision is deteriorating.

The next few days, Mikey instructed me to stay home at the hideout and rest. Sanzu has informed Mikey about my situation and said he'll take over my work for the time being.

That afternoon, while I was knitting a scarf to pass time, Sanzu entered my room with a weird smirk on his face, but knowing Sanzu that was normal, I think.

"Sanzu, do you need anything?" I asked as I continued to knit, my eyes not leaving the scarf I was making. without saying a word Sanzu struck me at the back of my neck. knocking me out instantly.

I woke up an hour later on the basement floor of the hideout with my hands tied behind my back.

"What the fuck is going on?" I yelled at Sanzu who was sitting on a chair in front of me.

"Sorry Akaza, boss' orders," Sanzu said, I then examined the room and saw all the executives behind Sanzu, just watching as everything unfolds. I saw Kakucho, Rindo, and Koko had a sad look plastered on their faces, why though? What was happening?

"Mikey's orders?" I asked confused, why would Mikey throw me down here?

"Is she awake?" I heard Mikey say as he entered the room, he looked a lot better compared to the last timeline, I guess being with him actually improved his health and lifestyle somehow, but I still wasn't able to save him from his dark impulsivity.

"Mikey, what is the meaning of this?" I asked as I struggled to get up, but Sanzu kicked me on the chest making me fall back down on the floor. "What is wrong with you?!" I hissed at Sanzu who just laughed at me.

"Listen to what the boss has to say," Sanzu told me, I turned my head to Mikey who was looking at me with no interest at all,

"What do you plan to accomplish now?" Mikey asked me, leaving me more confused than ever, "With your vision deteriorating, what use do you to me now?"

"What?" I mumbled, I was completely dumbfounded, I cannot comprehend what he was saying.

"Once you lose your vision, you will just be a liability to me," Mikey said as he approached me, he knelt down in front of me, placed his hand on my chin, and forcefully made me look him in the eyes, "You're useless to me now,"

"All this time, you have just been using me?" I mumbled, still in complete shock. Mikey smiled then out of nowhere, he punched me in the face. I could taste blood coming from my mouth.

"Haruchiyo," Mikey said as he got up and was headed for the door. "Get rid of her, she has no use to me anymore,"

"My pleasure," Sanzu said as he got up from his seat and grabbed me by the collar, hitting me in the head with his gun. "Hey boss, if you don't want her, mind if I have a little fun with her first?"

"Do what you want, just make sure you completely erase her existence in Bonten," Mikey told him,

"Sweet," Sanzu said as he started unbuckling his belt with one hand, and pulling down my clothes with the other.

At that point, I have already lost the will to live. I felt so empty, all I could do was watch Mikey leave the room as Sanzu was pounding himself in me and every one of Bonten's executives just watched.

"Mikey, take care of Jichiro and Anri for me, okay?" I told Mikey as he was heading out of the basement.

Mikey and I were still married and had children in this timeline, the only difference was, he didn't love me in this future.

...

"Akaza-chan? Are you okay?" I heard Takemichi call out to me, I snapped out of my trance and turn to face him, "You're crying, what happened?"

"I see, I still couldn't save him," I mumbled to myself, even after all the sacrifices I've done, even after going through all of this shit, I just made everything worst.

"What are you talking about?" Takemichi said,

"Mikey has me, huh?" I told Takemichi, "You're wrong, I can't save him, I'm not his heart,"

"Don't say that!" Takemichi yelled, "You must have seen something, the future maybe, but I know for a fact Mikey-kun loves you, and I'll prove it somehow! I'll save him! I'll bring him back home! We are all going to live happily together!"

"Good luck with that," Was all I could say to Takemichi, I pulled away from his grip and walked away.

I can't save him, might as well just kill him.