Chapter 118

A/N: hey hey hey!! it's been a while!

tbh, i don't know how to update this book at the moment, the manga's progress is soooo slow, like it's Mikey's arc but we barely get to see Mikey at all, lol and for the past 2 months the recent chapters are all just fighting scenes, I'm really st...

tbh, i don't know how to update this book at the moment, the manga's progress is soooo slow, like it's Mikey's arc but we barely get to see Mikey at all, lol and for the past 2 months the recent chapters are all just fighting scenes, I'm really stuck with this one, so i guess expect slow updates from now on. I do have other stories you can read tho, beke nemen ehehe XD

Chapter 118:

Marriage, love, loyalty, trust,

These were all things Mikey promised me after they would defeat Tokyo Manji Gang, Mikey promised me his eternity, he promised that we would be together after all this conflict is over, but then again I know more than he does.

We weren't meant to end up together,

So why was I still here? Why am I beside Mikey as he slept peacefully on his bed? 

Maybe because I'm still this delusional little girl who still believed in happy endings, I still wanted to believe that Mikey and I would have the happy ending we both deserve,

but we don't...

I know more than he does, and I probably know more than Takemichi does, but I'm here being stubborn and childish acting like I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow.

The future is bleak but the ending is apparent. I don't know what would happen from right now until the war, but I do know that there is something I have to do.

Though the outcome is still unclear, it's still a 50/50 chance that the turnout would be for the better.

It could either fix the future or ruin it completely,

I don't know what comes after the vision I saw so the results may differ from what I expected them to be. All I can do is trust the process, trust that this is how it should end.

"Why are you still awake?" Mikey groaned as he slowly got up,

"I couldn't sleep," I absentmindedly responded, 

"The future... there isn't a future for the two of us together, isn't there?" Mikey asked like he was reading my mind, I was taken aback by his question. How did he know? Can he see it too? "That's what you saw right? That's why you left?"

"Now isn't the time to talk about the future, what matters is 'right now', right?" I told Mikey who gave me a questioning look, like he was in disbelief with what came out of my mouth.

"I've known you all my life, you always think of what is ahead," He started off  "you practically live for the future, if you're setting aside the possibilities of what lies ahead then something is definitely wrong,"

"Nothing is wrong, I just realized that thinking about the future is too troublesome," I tried to convince him but of course, he was not buying it. He knew that the future mattered to me and he knew that I would want nothing more than for the two of us to stay together.