Prologue

"Argh, I swear that bastard better not be here!" I shouted as I slashed through another one of Jackson's crew mates. I heard barreling footsteps approaching from behind me and I quickly turned and ducked, effectively dodging the honestly horrible attack from this man. He over swung and I took my sword and drove it into his thigh, a cry of pain falling from his lips. He collapsed on the floor beside me and I kicked him just for good measure.

I made my way through the hold of the ship and heard my best mate Lisa going at it, swords clashing and who knows what being knocked over. I heard her yelling angrily at someone and watched as she got a good strike on the man with her sword. He dropped to his knees and Lisa kneed him right in the jaw. He fell back and she showed no mercy as she then took her sword and stabbed it right through his heart.

Lisa sure is a killer; thank god I got her on my crew.

As I met up with Lisa, I heard the bolstering voice of the bastard herself.

"Oh y/n, I see you're also on this ship!" I groaned and Lisa turned to the stairs to see none other than Rosé proudly walking down them. She had on her classic dark red tailcoat and white tricorne hat. She obviously had on all her gold jewelry as she was the captain of her ship; I also had my gold jewelry on. Her black hair was a little frizzy from the humidity and it was a little wavy. I ignored her and just started to rummage through all of the stored goods here. I saw some crates of dried food and some silver goods. I grabbed some of the jewelry I saw and stuffed it into the pockets of my coat.

But of course as I was doing that, the tip of a sword was placed on my throat. I side eyed the woman next to me, who was sporting a cocky grin.

"Do you mind?" I spat at her. She laughed,

"Oh, but you're taking my stuff."

"Oh piss off, my crew and I were here first. Did you not see the ship anchored next to this one?"

"That tiny pathetic thing out there is your ship? Ha!" She laughed as she still held the sword against me. I looked to my right and saw Lisa dealing with Rosé's left hand woman, Jennie.

"I swear to the heavens above Rosé, leave me alone!"

"Nah, I like messin' with your worthless life." She sneered, pressing the blade into my skin a little, just enough so I could feel it. Before I could say something back to her, a booming voice was heard from above us on the main deck.

"Why isn't it the two bilge rats of the seas!" My eyes widened and Rosé's eyes also widened in realization. Good ol' Captain Red Beard had arrived. I may have stolen some things from him and his crew in the past. And Rosé may have also done the same. We were both on his hit list and this was not going to end well in the slightest for us.

I looked at Lisa and signaled with my eyes to get out of here and take the boat. She pleaded with her eyes no as she knew I would for sure be taken under Beard's control.

"Bloody go!" I shouted at Lisa. Jennie was caught off guard as she also realized the situation that was happening. I heard loud chatter from above us and soon very definite boots stomp down the steps. Lisa was out of sight and most likely used the small escape shoot that all these kinds of ships had. She probably swimming back to ship right now and is going to get the rest of the crew out of here.

I don't know if I'll make it out alive, but I wish her the best of luck.

"If only you had given me this ship, we wouldn't be in this situation." Rosé whispered harshly to me as she pointed her sword to the man himself. I drew my sword and did the same. Rosé and I haven't fought together since we were forced to for our training back when we were 16, so we might be a little rusty. It's been a few years to say the least, lot has changed.