Chapter Ten

"No, you just have to stay here and not do anything!" I told Rosie for the tenth time in like five minutes. She let out another whine,

"But it's so boring just sitting here doing nothing!" She complained. I rolled my eyes at her,

"Well you're going to live with it, stupid. How about I get you your paints and the bark from earlier and you can start painting whatever." I offered her. She was up for the idea and I soon walked back over to her and handed her everything. I made her a paint brush from scratch yesterday after we came back to the house. She just fell asleep right away, so that's what I did until I fell asleep.

Rosie is sitting outside of the house right now because I'm finishing up the roof. She won't be able to put a lot of pressure on her ankle for a while and I want this bloody roof finished already. I know she's happy about that because when I told her to be outside because I was going to do the roof, a bright smile appeared on her lips; which was quickly wiped away once she saw my death glare.

"Can you get me a small pot of water?" She asked me as she set up her little area. I sighed dramatically and took a small clay pot and walked towards the ocean to get her stupid water.

"It has to be freshwater!" She yelled as I was already halfway towards the ocean.

"That's nice to know!" I shouted back as I continued walking to the ocean. I scooped up some water and walked back to her, placing it down on a tree stump. She just stared unimpressed at it,

"It's going to ruin the paint."

"Well then be a better paint maker." I countered as I walked around to the other side of the house where the palm leaves, dried grass, and mud was. I tied my bandana around my head, took my tailcoat off, and got to work. Rosie kept complaining about how the saltwater was messing her up and I told her to just work around it from on top of the house.

I was hard at work and I wasn't hearing Rosie complain anymore, making me suspicious. I stopped to take a break to grab some water because I was thirsty and when I was going to get my water that was in a clay cup, it wasn't in its spot. I grew extremely confused and then I looked at Rosie to see a smirk on her face: sitting on the tree stump was my now paint infected drinking water.

"Really?!" I shouted at her as I marched over to her. She just looked up innocently and batted her eyelashes,

"Is something wrong?"

"You are so infuriating!" I said before storming off, grabbing my sword and getting a new bowl to gather some fresh water in. I walked into the jungle and easily got some water before heading back to my house. I saw Rosie still happily painting and I just annoyingly drank my water before finishing up the roof. It will probably only take another hour or two, so we'll have a completed home when night falls.

"I finished!" Rosie shouted proudly as I saw her hold up her painting to herself; her eyes dancing along the thin bark, taking in every detail. I ignored her obviously and continued doing the more important thing in the moment: finishing the final part of the roof. It was just a small section and I was eager to get it done with. I smacked some mud down and it got on my face a little bit, making me grumble to myself as I laid some more down. I heard rustling near me and looked to the side to see Rosé standing.

"Rosie! Why the hell are you standing?" I asked her as I quickly hopped down and made her sit down because she isn't fully healed yet.

"Well you didn't come see my painting, so I was going to bring it to you." She explained to me as I just sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose,

"Rosie, I just need to finish this small part of the roof and I will see your stupid painting, okay?"

"Fine." She said as I climbed back up to lay some grass and palm leaves down. I pressed everything down and wanted to just pass out from exhaustion because the roof was finally done. I lazily climbed down and just laid down on the sand, spread out like a starfish. I then saw Rosie come over to be and I was about to scold her for walking, but she beat me to it,