Chapter Eight

The rest of the evening Rosé continued to try and comfort me. I cooked her a fish as a small thank you and she gladly took it. I also handed her a mango which she was ecstatic about. I then told her to go to sleep on my bed for tonight. She just climbed onto it without a second thought and faced the wall. I waited until I heard her breathing level out before I went outside since it had stopped raining.

I walked over on the cool sand to a tree a little ways away. I sat against it and just looked out over the sea, admiring the moonlight reflecting off of it. I thought about how I just told Rosé my most vulnerable story. I honestly can't believe my idiot self did that, but she was actually... nice afterwards. I've never seen this side of her, so I'm still confused and not sure how to feel about it.

But, I wasn't mad at it.

And I hated how I wasn't mad at it.

I lost track of time, just staring straight ahead and also up at the stars. You can tell so much about the world with just the stars. I love trying to connect them and make fun shapes. I came up with one and called it 'Big Dipper'. I hope it catches on. My favorite star is the North Star because it obviously helps you know what direction you are going. The sounds of crickets and waves softly crashing in the distance was disrupted by my name being called out.

"Y/n?" I heard Rosé say from behind me, "Y/n?!" I just stayed where I was and she kept calling out my name; a little more frantic each time. I heard her footsteps on the sand approaching me and soon I felt her presence next to me.

"What are you doing?" She asked me, clearly confused as to why I'm out here alone. I just continued staring out at the sea.

"Thinking."

She then sat down next to me and stared ahead too. She crossed her legs and leaned back on her hands,

"About what?" She asked gently. I shrugged my shoulders,

"I've been jumping from topic to topic; nothing too specific." I told her as I played with my ring on my pinky finger.

"Care to share anything?" I thought for a moment about what I could share with her.

"Okay," I started, relaxing a bit, "one thing I was thinking about is how I've survived this long without a drink." I said with a small smile on my lips. Rosé laughed a bit at my attempt to joke around. I'm glad she laughed because I am pretty funny.

"Who would've thought the alcoholic y/n would last a month without a drink." She told me. I turned my head to face her,

"I'm not an alcoholic." I stated. She rose her hands in defense,

"Hey, that's just what I've heard from other people." I sighed,

"I just like to drink, leave me alone."

"Oh you know I'm kidding." She said as she lightly slapped my shoulder.

"No I don't. For all I know you can be the most serious person who's ever lived." She rolled her eyes at me,

"Shut up." I laughed a bit and leaned my head back against the tree, a comfortable silence settling over us. A thought then popped into my head,

"Why were you looking for me?" I glanced over at her and she seemed really interested in the grass next to her.

"Rosé." Nothing.

"Rosé." Nothing again. I sighed,

"Rosie."

"Yeah?" I shook my head at how she just responded to that nickname. I didn't say anything about it and just repeated my question to her.

"Oh uh," she shifted around, "I thought something happened to you, so I wanted to check up on you."