Chapter Two

The horrible sound of bugs buzzing in my ears woke me up earlier than I wanted to be. I swatted them away from me and opened my eyes, sitting up and rubbing them to get the sleep out. I stretched a little and lazily looked around my shelter to make sure everything was still good. It was thankfully, so I stood up and decided what I was going to do today.

Explore and find some food.

A pretty easy thing for me to do. I scanned the surrounding area and then saw Rosé passed out next to her burnt out fire that was basically just embers at this point. I heard my stomach growl and just rolled my eyes because I obviously don't have any food right now. I grabbed my sword from its resting spot and also grabbed a small pouch in case I find anything I want to take back here. I took off my makeshift shoes in favor of my boots and headed down the beach in the opposite direction of the rocks.

The sun's rays were already barring down on me and I felt my skin coat with a thin layer of sweat. I fished my pocket watch out and was happy to still see it working. It read 8:22am and I just put it back as I looked around, trying to find something interesting. I saw a little colony of crabs and made a mental note of them for some food later once I get a fire going. I decided 'who cares' and started to walk into the jungle in the middle of this island. At least I think it's an island, I don't know. I drew my sword out since there was a lot of foliage I needed to cut down in order to walk deeper into it.

I heard something move behind me and I immediately pointed my sword backwards and snapped my head around. My tense body relaxed as I saw a stupid face looking back at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Rosé as she apparently has been following me from meters back so I wouldn't detect her until now.

"Following you." She stated as if it was obvious. I rolled my eyes at her,

"Yeah, I know, so go away." I told her as I fixed my hat a little before slashing away some bushes and vines.

"I'm fine." I sighed and 'accidentally' slashed my sword too close to her. I didn't hit her, but I really wanted to. She gasped, "What was that for? You almost slashed me with that blade!"

"Oops." I said as I kept doing my own thing. Rosé then started rambling about I don't know what, I wasn't paying attention to her annoying voice. This thick jungle felt never ending, but I soon stuck into a clearing, making me smile a little and cause Rosé to stop yapping.

I slowly scanned the surroundings to see if there were any predators to be wary of. I didn't see any jaguars or something of that nature, so I walked into the open area, sword out and ready to strike. I heard the metal of Rosé's sword get drawn and glanced over my shoulder to see her frantically looking around at literally nothing.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she jumped at the sound of my voice. She had two hands on the hilt of her sword and a scared expression on her face. When she realized I just spoke to her, she cleared her throat and acted like she wasn't scared.

"Nothing, just... keeping a lookout." I decided to mess with her, so I pointed behind her,

"What's that!?" I yelled as she screamed bloody murder and turned around, backing up against the front of my body in fear. I was laughing my ass off as she was looking everywhere, pointing her sword in all directions. It then hit her that I had tricked her and she punched me in the gut, causing me to double over and cough a bit.

"A bloody barnacle is what you are," she said to me as she just walked past me and into the clearing more. I got my bearings back and just wandered around, observing the bushes to see if anything growing was edible. I studied up a bunch in my life about what plants to eat and what ones to stay away from. I saw a bush that had red berries on it and as I walked closer, I saw they were raspberries. I smiled happily and picked a few, ready to pop them in my mouth.