Chapter Nineteen [M]

(a/n: i know y'all are absolutely LOSING it at the M...)

It's been about two weeks since Rosie finished her lovely painting of our area and we have never been better. Her wound is almost fully healed up which is fantastic. She has a full range of her movements and can do really anything now. I'm happy that she's back to normal now because the guilt was still eating me alive whenever she couldn't do something. She noticed my guilt a few times and always reassured me she was fine, but I blamed myself in silence.

"Oi, what are you thinking about so deeply?" I looked up from the fire that was cooking our breakfast and saw Rosie looking down at me.

"Thinking about you." I replied as I watched a faint blush make its way to her cheeks. I laughed a bit and continued watching the eggs cook on the pan. About a week ago, I went exploring for a bit and saw a flock of damn chickens on the southwest side of the island. I grabbed some eggs and it's such a nice change to the normal fish and pork we always have.

"You are really into me, huh?" Rosie said as she sat down on the other side of the fire.

"That I am," I told her as I flipped her eggs, "your eggs will be done soon."

"What's your favorite thing about me?" She asked me.

"Hm, nothing," I said seriously before having to dodge a small rock being thrown at me, "it was a joke!" I clarified.

"You still manage to piss me off a lot." Rosie grumbled at me.

"My real answer is... your smile. Whenever you smile, it's just so contagious that I smile right back. Butterflies always fly around inside me and the way your eyes crinkle up too when you smile. I just absolutely love it, and you of course."

"Awe, that's so sweet. My favorite thing about you is your body."

"Rosie!" I shouted at her as she just laughed at her answer and my response, "I can't believe it, you're only using me for my body." I said as I pretended to cry.

"Oh shut up you big baby. You know I absolutely adore everything about you," she then smirked at me, "especially that body."

"I'm going to not give you breakfast." I told her as I fished out what were going to be her eggs onto my plate. She got offended and got up quickly, making her way right next to me. I swatted her hand away that was trying to take my plate. I then felt her lips on mine and before I knew it, the plate was now out of my hands and in hers. I sighed in defeat and Rosie just cheered as she ate her food. I made my eggs and ate my breakfast as she then went to clean her plate off.

I finished mine and went outside to also wash my plate off. I saw Rosie overlooking the horizon and saw in the far distance a ship. It was parallel with the island, so that means that whoever's ship it is, is just going past the island.

"Man, I was ready to kill some people. Haven't fought anyone in a while." I said as I stood next to Rosie. She looked over at me,

"Then go ahead and swim out to the ship." She said as she walked past me back to our home. I rolled my eyes and followed her back. I saw her grabbing some clothes and realized that she was going to go to the river and clean herself up. I already went to the river earlier this morning when she was still asleep.

"Be careful, please." I told her as she looked over her shoulder to connect our eyes,

"Of course." I smiled at her and then searched around for my knife. It appeared in front of me courtesy of Rosie, and I grabbed it from her hand. I placed a kiss on her open palm and she giggled happily. She then got up and then walked outside with her change of clothes and sword. I heard her call out my name and I put my knife in its holder before going back outside to see what my girlfriend needed.