Chapter Twenty-Seven

I woke up from my little nap with Rosie and noticed she was in the exact same position as before. I'm guessing she had a strong fear that if she moved, she'd hurt me. I mean it's kind of right, but that's beside the point. I yawned and looked out the window on my left, seeing it was darker out than before. There was still a faint colorfulness to the sky in the distance, telling me that the sun was finishing setting.

With my hand that was draped across her shoulders, I gently tapped her, hoping to wake her up. She stirred awake after a few taps and I watched as she batted her eyelashes open. She blinked a few times and then tilted her head up, looking at me with a smile,

"Hi."

"Hi to you too." I said back to her. I leaned down and captured her lips in a soft kiss. Rosie sighed into it and I felt her hand move off of my stomach and creep up to cup my face. I flinched a little when she rested her hand on my skin, but it soon didn't bother me or my cuts. Our lips moved slowly in sync with each other; each of us just wanting to savor the moment. I was the one to break the kiss, much to her dismay. A pout was now present on her lips as she looked up at me,

"I wanted to keep kissing you." I chuckled lightly,

"And I want some food." I told her. Her eyes widened and she sat up fast, causing me to groan painfully as the quick movement was not welcomed by my body.

"Sorry! Uh, I'll get you food. I'll be right back!" She said hastily as she got out of bed and ran to the door, flinging it open and rushing out the room. I shook my head in amusement and just settled back into the bed comfortably, wincing a little when I accidentally tweaked my body the wrong way.

I laid there, just waiting for Rosie to come back with something I hopefully like. After a few minutes of just waiting, I heard what sounded like multiple footsteps coming towards the door. I furrowed my eyebrows together and then heard arguing too. The door then burst open with Rosie having a plate of food in one hand, and her trying to slam the door closed with the other.

"No! I want more alone time with her!" She shouted at the people she's trying to keep out.

"But Rosie! She's my best friend!" I heard Lisa complain.

"I wanna annoy her!" Jennie shouted.

"I need to give her the older sister talk!" Alice said. Rosie put the plate down on the nearby dresser and somehow got the strength to push the door closed; locking it securely. She turned and rested her back on the door, sighing in relief. I laughed at her,

"You know I would've been fine seeing them, right?"

"I know, but I still want you to myself for a little longer." She told me with a toothless smile. I smiled at her and she grabbed the plate of food, walking over to me and handing it over. I placed it in my lap and saw some bread, a potato, some lamb, and some carrots.

"Thank you." I told her sincerely as I picked up the form and knife and started to dig in. She just sat on the edge of the bed, watching over me protectively. I glanced up a few times and winked at her, causing her to look away with a faint blush. I gave her a few of my carrots and then drank down the water I had from before.

"Who cooked this?" I asked her as I tried to reach over and put the plate on the side table. I wasn't quite able to reach it and I overextended myself, causing a sharp pain to jolt through my side. Rosie quickly took the plate from my hand and frowned at me,

"You aren't doing anything without someone's help," she said firmly, "and Joan did. I'll tell her you liked it."

"I love you." I told her kind of out of nowhere. It caught her off guard and made her shy. She covered her face with her hands, "who would've thought the high and mighty Rosé gets shy so easily."