Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Today's the last day we are staying here!" Rosie said excitedly. I laughed at her as she's been waiting to leave this damn place for almost a month. I'm all healthy now and we surprisingly had someone who had been eyeing the property for a while now. Their name is Bennett and he has always hated the Parks. His parents apparently also had the same fate as mine, but they were wealthy. Mr. Park just executed them because he didn't want competition.

Bennett paid full price for the place and said he was going to make some of the land into a public park. I love that idea and apparently other people do too.

Rosie had been looking for a small and cozy home for us, walking around the area to see if anyone was going to be selling their home. There was actually a couple that was going to be moving out of their house and Rosie and I actually ended up buying it off of them. It was a two bedroom home and had a beautiful stove in the kitchen which I loved. There was a fireplace in the living room and each bedroom which would be great for the colder weather. There was a nice amount of land with it too, nothing too large or too small.

We are actually going to take a few carriages and move some of the furniture we want to take to our new home. And the only thing I really needed was the mattress, but Rosie decided to take some more stuff.

The two of us walked around the property for what would be the final time. We were nearing the chapel and Rosie rolled her eyes at the stone building. I understand her reaction while heartedly as I felt the same way towards it. Honestly I feel that way about everything here, I just had to put up with it for some time.

"I can't wait to never come back here again." Rosie announced. I squeezed her hand,

"I'm right there with you, baby." Rosie looked over at me and smiled at me,

"Let's get the hell out of here and start our new life."

"Lead the way."

~~~~~

I hopped out of the carriage first and held my hand out to help Rosie. She gladly took it and got down on the ground next to me. Rosie got all giddy as we had arrived at our new home, ready to start our new life. I thanked the coachman and also scratched the horses as a thank you. I then unloaded the few smaller things we had and waved goodbye to the man and his steeds. I turned back to see Rosie was moving around like a buzzing bee in our small front yard. She was looking around at every tree, flower, and blade of grass even.

"Rosie, take a breather." I told her as she looked back at me. She actually did take a deep breath and went over to grab a small crate of things.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really excited."

"Don't apologize, I just don't want your heartbeat to be so high for so long." I said to her with a small smile. She nodded her head,

"Okay, now come on! We need to go inside our home!"

Our home.

The last time she actually said 'our home' was when we were back on the island together. I was taken back to those times I had with her before blinking a few times and catching up to her on the front porch. She handed the key over to me and I grinned as I put it in the lock and turned it, hearing the click.

With that, Rosie pushed the door open and we both scanned the inside of our new home. The interior was somewhat empty as we needed to add in the rest of the furniture, but that's easy. Plus that's going to be all we do tomorrow with the help of everyone else, so the bare bones is only for today. Rosie placed the crate she was holding onto the wooden floor and ran happily to the middle of the living room where so many memories will be made.