Chapter One

Before I even opened my eyes, I could feel the blazing heat beating down on my body. I also heard the sounds of small waves crashing, meaning I was definitely on a beach somewhere. I moved my hand in front of my face and slowly opened my eyes, blinking them a few times to get used to the harsh sunlight. By its position in the sky, I had to guess that it's around 4pm. I sat up on the sand and an overwhelming feeling of dizziness hit me. I closed my eyes and groaned softly to myself before slowly standing up. I dusted off my black tailcoat and looked to my left.

It appeared that I was washed up on a shore that had zero human presence. No docks, no footprints, nothing. I glanced behind me and saw a thick jungle with some possible jaguars lurking around because that is their home. My best bet would be to stay on the beach for the time being.

I then looked to my right and saw some debris most likely from the exploded ship being washed up. I was thankful about that because I could probably use some of that stuff to keep me alive and going. But then my eyes landed on something I was too fond of.

"Ugh, where the bloody hell am I?" Rosé groaned as she sat up on the beach. I just closed my eyes and leaned my head back in disappointment. She's still alive, here with me.

I decided not to respond to her and just started walking over to some of the jagged rocks that were on the far side of the beach. I didn't hear Rosé following me thank god, so I just hummed to myself quietly as I soon made it to my destination. I smiled and sat down on the rocks, finding one with a sharp enough edge to break the chain linking my hands together.

I lifted my hands above my head and as I was about to swing them down with a decent amount of force, a pair of hands stopped me. I looked back unamused to see Rosé standing behind me.

"What?" I stated, not really wanting to converse with her right now. She then let go of my hands and held her hands out,

"Me first." I scoffed at her and just ignored her as I went back to bringing my hands above my head. But of course, she had to stop me once more, "Did you not hear me?"

"Oh I heard you. Who wouldn't hear your annoying voice." I shot back as I tore my hands away from her and finally got the momentum to break the chain. I smiled triumphantly and I was now able to rip the cuffs off my wrists. I just threw them beside me and rubbed my wrists happily as they were now completely free of any restraints.

I heard the sound of grunting and metal clanking as I turned to see Rosé trying to gain enough momentum to break the chain. I chuckled to myself as she was obviously struggling; guess I have more upper body strength than her. I stood up and then turned around to make my way all the way back to the debris from the ship.

"Oi! Where are you going!" She shouted after me. I just continued walking as she kept on yelling for me to stop and help her. Why the hell was I going to help her if she was the one who put us in this situation. She can get eaten alive by the jaguars for all I care.

I made it back to all the broken pieces and crates in about 10 minutes and scavenged through it. I was able to find some basic tools like a hammer and saw. I pried out some nails using the hammer from wooden boards and put them in my pocket for safe keeping. I rummaged around some more and decided that I would make a shelter around here since I have a lot of things here.

I grabbed my small knife from my belt and walked up to where there were a few small and skinny trees. I chopped them down and cut off all of the leaves since they were going to be my bed for the time being.

"I hate you!" I heard as I turned to my right and was met with a body slamming into mine. I whined in pain as Rosé kept slapping my body out of anger, "You left me there for over 30 minutes!"