Chapter Six

It's been two days since I've burned my hand and lashed out on Rosé. In my defense, I just had a better argument than her, so she should've expected it. My hand still hurts, but not as much and I think I can climb trees and finally build my roof. The morning was dewy and I wasn't too fond of it as everything has some morning mist on it. And this would be horrible for sticky air (a/n: humidity if you were wondering) and I really don't want to deal with it. I'll be baked alive before Lisa will get her ass over on this stupid island.

But one thing that I know happens when sticky air occurs is that a storm will be coming in the upcoming days. So I definitely need to do this roof so I can have some cover from the storm that will be coming soon.

I ate a fish before I got to work. I wrapped my bandanna overtop of the bandages so I could apply more pressure onto it. I grabbed some palm leaves and dried grass. I slowly climbed up the tree and laid them down on the stick grid I had already made before. Once the small section was good, I went down and got a bowl I had carved out of a big tree funk and filled it up with mud. I got back up to the roof and made sure to seal the thing so no water would be able to get through. I then had to just repeat this process over and over until the whole thing was done. It ended up taking about 3 hours to do the whole thing.

I had leftover mud and decided to build up my walls some more. They were now about a meter tall and had around half a meter between the bottom of the roof. But that meant I am going to be pretty well protected from the looming storm. I wiped away the sweat that had formed on my forehead and sat down in my shelter that I was very proud of. Since the walls didn't go all the way up to the roof, I can move my fire pit inside because there is ventilation.

I went outside my little shelter and moved my little fire pit inside, putting it right in the middle because I wanted to. I have my bed next to it against a wall and then miscellaneous things from the debris of the shipwreck I still have. I realized that I also need a door on this place and went back out to go into the jungle and cut some plants down to make a door. It will just be made out of some stronger plant stems, so nothing too crazy.

I was humming softly to myself as I was chopping some plants down when I heard some foliage moving around to my right. I turned and pointed my knife towards the sound. I'm currently regretting not taking my sword because I didn't think I would need it. I'm barely in the jungle, so I wasn't expecting a threat. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I waited in anticipation for whatever it was.

A bird flew right at me and then away.

I huffed out as it was just a damn bird being annoying. I recollected myself and continued getting plant stems for the door. After about 30 minutes, I had a decent amount and made my way back to my shelter. I just sat down outside and started weaving the stems kind of like a basket, except it will turn into a door.

A few bugs flew around me, making me slightly pissed off. I swatted them away and focused on the door. Then a sound caught my attention. It sounded like... music.

I looked up in the direction it was coming from and saw Rosé playing some sort of instrument she had made. I squinted to see what it was and it looked like a pan flute. I don't know how she made it because it honestly sounded really good. I also didn't know that she liked music a lot.

I've always loved music, especially violin. My favorite composer that I've heard before is Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber. I remember seeing a flyer saying that his compositions were going to be played at a nearby theater. I obviously didn't have money to buy a ticket, so I snuck in backstage and listened from up in the rafters. It sounded beautifully and I always catch myself humming that familiar song I heard that day.

I just smiled lightly to myself as I let the music being produced by Rosé's instrument glide over to me. It was a beautiful song and even though I didn't recognize it, I could still figure out the tune of it and what would most likely be played next. Time flew by and my door was finished. I attached it to the wall from the inside and tested it a few times to make sure that is was secure. It was and my little shelter was all done. I smiled proudly at my little... home.