Chapter Sixteen

Today marks a whole two months that we have been on this island. It's been just over a week since Jisoo had left, so my guess is that she's almost halfway back to the mainland. Rosie decided today that she wants to practice some sword fighting to get back into the swing of things. I obviously agreed to help her out as I'm the only person here that will act as her opponent.

"So what does the winner get?" I asked her as I swung my sword around a bit, getting familiar with the weight in my hand.

"Hm, how about the winner gets to eat the last of the pork we have?" I thought about the offer and nodded my head,

"Alright, I'm down with that," I raised my sword up and pointed it at her chest, "on guard, m'lady." I said with a funny accent which made her laugh a bit. But the smile was wiped away when she got her sword up, ready to make the first move.

Rosie lunges towards me with a sideways slash aimed for my torso. I jumped back and clashed our swords together, the sound of metal echoing. We were both pushing against the other blade with equal amounts of force. I then dragged mine down, causing her to slightly lose balance as she still had all her energy put into her sword. I turned my blade to the blunt side and swept out her feet from underneath her since she was off balance.

She fell forward into the sand and as I went to strike her , she rolled out of the way, holding her sword up defensively. I quirked an eyebrow at her and then made my advancement towards her. I wound up for a big strike and when our swords made contact, the momentum I had gained caused her grip to loosen dangerously. Her sword almost flew out of her hand and she then scrambled up to her feet to try and rest herself.

"Damn you," she mumbled as I smiled at her,

"Awe, thank you." She rolled her eyes at me and started to think about how to attack me. I didn't let her continue thinking as I took it upon myself to attack her. I lifted my sword above my head, giving the impression that I was going to come with an overhead strike. Rosie instinctively raised her sword up to block, but that was exactly what I wanted. Now her whole body was open, just for me to kick. I quickly brought my leg up and nailed her in the stomach, causing her to drop her sword and collapse to the ground.

Maybe I kicked her a little too hard.

"Uh, Rosie?" I asked her as I walked over to her body, which she was hugging. I heard a wince fall from her lips and I dropped my sword and kneeled down in front of her, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kick you that har–"

Her knife was now pressed against my throat in no time. My eyes widened and I heard a chuckle come from her. She lifted her head up and smiled up at me,

"Never let your guard down, baby."

"You little– you tricked me!" I said in disbelief. My girlfriend just laughed at me and pecked my lips,

"Can't wait to eat all the pork!" She said cheerfully as she got up and dusted the sand off of herself. I just watched her silently, still kind of pissed off I lost to her. I just wanted to see if she was okay and then she did that to me. The disrespect.

Rosie happily walked inside our home and I just decided to lay down on the sand, letting my loss sink in more.

"Oi! Stop moping around and come here! I get it, you're a sore loser!" I heard her yell. I rolled my eyes and begrudgingly got up, walking over to our home. I got inside and sitting patiently was Rosie; her legs were crossed and the fire was starting.

"Why aren't you cooking the pork yet?"

"Because you cook it better." She said as if it was obvious. I sighed,