Chapter Seventeen

"Now, can you hand me that knife?" I asked Rosie as she slowly leaned over and handed me the knife I was pointing to. I thanked her and got back to carving my new weapon. Since I didn't take my sword out of the jaguar yesterday, it's now long gone. I'm kind of upset because it was my first ever sword and it was like my good luck charm. So now I'm carving this long stick into a spear.

I was concentrating on the task at hand and I could feel Rosie's eyes on me. I glanced up to see her smiling softly at me, eyes looking at me fondly. That caused me to smile a bit,

"What?" I asked her. She just shook her head lightly,

"Nothing, I just think you're cute when you're deep in concentration. Your tongue sticks out from the corner of your mouth a bit and your eyebrows furrowed together." She explained to me. I grew embarrassed a little and just mumbled,

"Shut up." I heard her laugh at me and I just rolled my eyes before getting back to work.

Rosie is still obviously bedridden because it will take probably a week before she can do a lot of physical activity. I've been helping her out a lot, giving her whatever she asks from me. As I was carving, I heard a small wince come from her, immediately breaking my concentration.

"Are you okay?" I asked her worriedly, looking up and down her body to see what was wrong.

"Can you change the bandages?"

"Of course." I said quickly as I put my knife and spear down next to me, moving over next to Rosie. I grabbed the other bandages and then gently looked down into her eyes, "this might hurt a bit baby."

"Okay." She said through clenched teeth as she arched her back a bit so I could unwrap the bandages easily. I did just that, small winces and groans being heard with every movement. I felt horrible, but tried to get it over with as quickly as I could. I pressed a small kiss on her forehead when the bandages were all off. I looked down at her wound and grimaced a bit.

"It's that bad?" She asked me.

"No..." I said very unconvincingly. She rolled her eyes at me,

"Just put the new bandages on me." I nodded my head and did just that. It took about ten minutes because I wanted to make sure she felt comfortable in them and she wasn't restricted. Once it was all done, I wiped the bit of sweat from my forehead and smiled down at her,

"All done baby." She released a sigh and moved her hand over on top of mine. I watched her curiously as she then just started to play with my fingers,

"Thank you." She said softly.

"Not a problem." I then just let her continue to play with my fingers as I closed my eyes, letting myself think about random things. One question popped into my head and I was intrigued to know the answer.

"Hey baby?" I asked Rosie. She hummed in response, "why is being alone your biggest fear?" I opened my eyes up and glanced down at her, waiting for her response. Her eyes were closed and I could tell she was deep in thought, trying to figure out how to word her answer.

"Well, where do I start," she said quietly as she opened up her eyes and met mine.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just wonder." I told her quickly, not wanting to force it out of her.

"No it's fine babe," she said reassuring me that my question was okay to ask, "I just haven't though about it in a while."

I sat there patiently waiting for her to start with the story. I'll be learning about the thing that broke her the most in the past. And I know once I know, I'm going to make sure that never happens to her again because she doesn't deserve it.