Chapter Twenty-One

It's been about a week and Rosie and I have just been in complete harmony with one another. I swear we are starting to finish each other's thoughts and it's kind of freaking me out. We just know what the other is thinking at all times and know when the other person needs help. It's creepy, yet comforting.

I'm just outside of our house putting away some of the pork I had just chopped up. My knife was getting a little dull and I needed to go and sharpen it up on the stone I have inside. I stood up and ran right into Rosie's body. I didn't even know she was behind me and when I gathered myself, she had the stone in her hand. I pointed to it in disbelief,

"How the bloody hell did you know I needed that?"

"Well when I hear you muttering 'damn knife' to yourself every minute, I put two and two together."

So maybe we don't read each other's minds, but it's close enough. I thanked her as she handed it over to me and she told me she was going to go and pick some flowers because the inside of our house 'is damn near lifeless' in her words. I just let her go on her way and started to sharpen my knife so it actually becomes effective. I accidentally cut my finger a bit and had to go get some medical stuff real quick. I know I'm going to get an earful from Rosie, but I'll just reassure her that I'm fine.

After some time, I heard Rosie singing something and walking back over to our house from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw she was already looking back at me with a wide smile. I copied her smile and then glanced down to see a bunch of different flowers in her hands.

"Looks like you have quite the assortment of flowers there, baby." I told her as she nodded her head happily,

"I do!" She then sat down next to me and I stopped sharpening my knife in order to give her my full attention. She laid them all out in front of me and went over each and every single one of them, and of course I listened to every word. Even though she's already told me about half of these flowers when she made paint with them before, I pretended I didn't remember when she asked me if I did. This got her just to talk longer and that's exactly what I wanted.

"These are all lovely, Rosie. Go ahead and take whatever pots you want from here," I said, pointing to the crate that held all that stuff, "and set up the flowers however you want. I'll be inside in a few to see."

"Be quick." She said as she leaned over to give me a quick kiss before standing up and grabbing different shaped pots. I watched as she went around the house and when she disappeared from my sights, I went back to sharpening my knife. I was at it for only about 10 more minutes before deciding it was sharp enough when it easily cut through a mango I was snacking on. I got up and went around to go inside,

"Rosie, I'm coming in." I announced to her as I opened the door. I didn't hear her tell me to not come in, so I walked in and saw her sitting proudly on our bed, a giddy smile on her face. I shot her one back and looked around our little home, seeing the flowers in pots placed around. I do have to say, she has a talent for making this place not look like crap.

"I have to say, I'm impressed with your decorating skills." I told her.

"Thank you, I really think it looks a lot better." I quirked an eyebrow,

"So you think it was bad before?"

"Yes." She responded without hesitation. I just shook my head and heard her laughing at me. I just made my way over to the bed and laid down on it, looking up at Rosie.

"You didn't have to respond right away; at least take a couple of seconds." She smirked down at me and moved on top of me, straddling my waist.

"I definitely had to in order to remind you of my dominance." I rolled my eyes at her,