Chapter Nine

I hate to say it, but that was the best night's sleep I've had in a while. Rosé's weight was still pressed against my body and I had my arms loosely draped across her waist. I blinked my eyes a few times to adjust and looked down to see her face still tucked into my neck. I stayed like this for a few more minutes so she could sleep longer because she needs it.

But soon I got fidgety and I needed to get up and do something because I was bored out of my mind. I skillfully got out of her embrace and walked outside, stretching and thinking about what I want to do today. I know I want to get some candles going and I have been observing a seemingly abandoned beehive. For the past few days I haven't seen any bees go into it, so I'm going to try and get some wax from it.

I quietly went back inside my home and Rosé was still dead to the world. I grabbed my bigger knife and then also wrote in the sand outside the door that I'll be back so she doesn't freak out if she wakes up when I'm gone. I'd rather not have to comfort her crying again.

Once that was all done, I walked down the beach and a little into the jungle until the beehive was in my sights. I sat somewhat near it and watched it for about 10 minutes, and no bees came around. I then mentally prepared myself in case I do have to sprint away if like 200 bees magically pop out. I gently tapped the hive with the tip of my knife and ran away a little, then looking back to see nothing. I let out a sigh of relief and then with one clean motion, slashed it down from the tree branch it was on.

It cracked slightly, but no buzzing bees came out to attack me. I then walked over to it and picked it up, making my way back home. When I came back, I saw Rosé was doing something outside of my home and just hid behind a tree, watching with curiosity. She was crouched over my writing and it looked like she was also writing in the sand. I decided not to interrupt her and just waited as she soon walked away with my fishing rod in hand.

Once she was out of my sight, I made my way over to the front of my home and saw some writing in the sand. I squinted a little to make out the letters and smiled softly:

Going to get more fish :)

My writing was scribbled out and hers was where mine was. I just kicked the sand around to get rid of it and then sat down on a log outside of my home and cut the beehive in half down the middle. There awaiting me was some honey and a ton of beeswax. I smiled and started cutting it up, putting the small amount of honey I was able to get in a clay pot. I then got the beeswax into a pretty good sized pile and walked back into my home to start up a fire so I can soon melt down the wax and drip some natural string I've made into it; creating a candle after many dips.

The fire soon awoke and I got half of the beeswax for now into the metal pot Rosé brought over and placed it on top, waiting for it to melt. In the meantime, I went back outside and made a place that the candles can hang from to dry. That didn't take too long and I soon heard footsteps approaching from behind me.

"What's this for?" Rosé asked me as she now stood next to me, pointing to where I'm going to hang the candles.

"I went out and found an old beehive and got a lot of beeswax from it and a small amount of honey from it. So with the wax I'm going to make some candles because I'm getting tired of always having to light a fire to be able to see in the dark." I explained to her as I walked back inside my home.

"Oh, so that's why you were gone." She said as she followed me. I nodded my head as I saw the wax was melted,

"That is what I was doing. Also, I'm surprised you're up already." I said as I took the pot outside and grabbed some string and started the long dipping process. Rosé just decided to sit down next to me,

"Yeah, me too honestly."

"What woke you up?" I asked her as I waited for the wax on the string to dry enough so I could dip it again.