Chapter Eighteen

Last night was a memorable one for sure. I learned why Rosie fears being alone, we said our first 'I love you's', and I got to find out what her real name was. The rest of the evening we were practically glued together, not letting the other person leave our sights unless one of us had to go to the bathroom. But that was the best night's sleep in a long time and I'm so happy about that.

Right now, I'm snuggled up against Rosie this time because she has to sleep on her back. My head is tucked into her side and she has her arm draped over my shoulders, holding me close. I fluttered my eyes open and yawned a bit, blinking to try and get the sleep out of my eyes. I couldn't stretch right now because Rosie was still sound asleep and I don't want to wake her up before she wakes naturally.

I moved my hand across her skin to rest nicely above her wound. Rosie doesn't have a shirt on because it might mess with the bandages. So, I had full access to her gorgeous skin. Her skin was warm and I smiled a bit when her arm subconsciously tightened its hold on me.

I started just to think about what I should do today as Rosie continued to sleep. I'm probably going to create the stand for the metal tub today and maybe start to fill it with some fresh water. But filling that thing up will take forever because I have to walk back and forth from the river. Plus, it would just be me doing it, so maybe. I'll wait until Rosie is more healed to fill it up. I also want to get a feel for my new weapons, test them all out for a bit.

I must've been thinking about miscellaneous things for a while because I soon heard Rosie yawn, making me move my head and look up at her. She sleepily smiled down at me,

"G'morning babe."

"Morning Roseanne." I said with a smile. She chuckled a bit,

"I'm guessing you like my name then?"

"Of course I do. It fits you perfectly and I love the way it just rolls off the tongue." I told her. She rolled her eyes at me,

"You're just saying that because you're dating me."

"No I'm not. I really do love your name. Are you okay with me calling you by your actual name?" I asked her. I know she had the name Rosé because she wanted to leave her past behind. So if I call her Roseanne, it may bring up unwanted memories from the past for her.

"I'm more than okay with you calling me by my name. But only you, so do it when we're alone."

"Well that doesn't seem like a problem right now." I said with a small laugh. Rosie playfully rolled her eyes at me and I scooted up a bit in order to give her a kiss. She melted into it and when we pulled apart, I told her that I'll cook us some fish. She allowed me to get out of her embrace and start cooking because she admitted she was really hungry. It didn't take long before we were both eating our breakfast, getting energy to start our day off.

"Are you going to finish your painting today?" I asked her in between bites. She nodded her head at me and swallowed the fish she had in her mouth,

"Yeah I will. I'll probably do it later though so I can get the sunset as a reference."

"Okay. I was thinking about testing out the weapons that I've acquired recently." I told her with a stupid grin on my face. What can I say, I'm a sucker for deadly weapons, especially when they're mine.

"Can I watch you?" Rosie asked, biting her lip softly. I squinted at her questioningly,

"Sure..." She cheered out happily and I first got all the weapons outside before picking up Rosie and bringing her outside. She told me she could sit up now, so I leaned her back up against the tree stump, putting my tailcoat in between her back and the stump itself to make it more comfortable. I then quickly went back inside to just change into a short sleeved shirt and shorts because the sun was now shining down on us. I came back out and Rosie's eyes immediately locked onto my body.