Chapter Five

After that whole thing with Rosé, I got out of the river and quickly put my clothes on before walking back to my area. My mind was away in the memories that arose when she called me by my nickname I haven't heard in years. And for good reason. It still hurts me immensely whenever someone says it; I didn't even know she knew it. Or, she had thought she came up with it herself. Either way, I don't want her calling me that again.

I shook my thoughts away as I had arrived at my shelter. I just plopped down on my crappy bed and rested my head against the tree. I leveled out my breathing and I don't even know how, but a lone tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly brushed it away and composed myself, not letting my past come back into play. I don't need to give Rosé more ammunition on me.

"Hey, you okay?" I looked up to see that Rosé stood at the front of my shelter.

"Yea, now get away." I said harshly. She flinched a little at my tone, not expecting it. She didn't say anything else and walked back over to her shelter, leaving me alone with my loud and overbearing thoughts. I was able to shut them out for the time being and cook some crabs that I had killed earlier.

I was too focused on not thinking about my past that I burnt my first round of crabs, making me more pissed off than I already was. I grabbed them while they were still hot and threw them as far as I could. They reached the ocean and I saw a shark immediately splash around and eat them. My hand now stung as it was semi burnt, but I'm too annoyed to give a crap right now.

I just cooked another crab and actually watched it this time. It was done and I ate it, making my hunger lessen a little. I was going to go and get some more raspberries to eat, but my hand was becoming more of an issue and I knew I needed to do something about it. I know Rosé has the medical supplies at her area, so I need to go over and get some. But with how I've given her the cold shoulder, I feel like that is going to be easier said than done.

I wrapped a bandanna gently around my left hand and made my walk over to her shelter. She noticed movement and looked up, our eyes meeting. Hers didn't show any emotion and just observed me as I continued getting closer to her. I stood about a meter away from her,

"Hey Rosi– Rosé, I need a few things from here." I told her. She quirked an eyebrow and crossed her arms,

"And why would I give you what you want?" I looked down at her,

"Because you want to?" I asked her uncertainly. She rolled her eyes at me,

"No, now leave."

"Please! I really kinda need a few things." She squinted at me,

"And what would these things be?" I sighed and grabbed at the bandanna, her eyes drifting down to it in curiosity. I removed it and heard her gasp at the already blistering skin,

"I just need some bandages and I'll be gone."

"Y/n! How the hell did this happen?" She asked me getting up to get a closer look at my hand. She reached out for it and I pulled my hand away from her outstretched hand. I don't really need her touching me.

"Well, I was in my head and I burned my crabs. I got pissed off and threw them into the ocean without a second thought." I explained to her as she continued looking over my hand. She looked back up at me and then silently walked away, going over to a crate which I asume has the bandages. She came back over with some and I smiled a little at her, thanking her with my eyes.

"Come here." She commanded softly to me as she sat down on a tree stump. I eyed her questioningly and she just glared at me, making me quickly sit down next to her. She set everything up and I realized that she was going to wrap my hand. I reached my good hand out to stop her,