Chapter Twenty-Five

This is definitely the most amount of pain I've been in by far. Mr. Park seemed to have enough today and brought the metal rod back, letting me rest. I hunched forward out of exhaustion and he untied me from the post, causing me to fall forward onto the marble floor. I was fighting to keep my eyes open as I felt two pairs of hands lift me up forcefully and drag me out of the room. I was able to make out that I was being brought back down to the dungeon and I faintly heard Lisa calling out to me frantically.

The area started to spin a little and I saw the one guard open the cell door. I was then thrown into it; I landed on my burned side and cried out in pain, shutting my eyes. My head also hit the hard ground, so that didn't help me at all.

But the one thing that washed away all my hardships I just went through was the soft and delicate touch of my lover, Rosie.

Her hands gently caressed my cheek and I could make out her silhouette with the torch light. I gave her a faint smile,

"Rosie." I heard a small tearful chuckle come from her as she nodded her head,

"It's me, babe. I'm here."

That's all I heard before passing out in the cold dungeon with my girl beside me.

~~~~~

The feeling of fingers in my hair, scratching my scalp softly woke me up. I quickly realized that my head was placed on Rosie's lap and I opened my eyes, blinking a few times before focusing on the face looking down at me with a smile.

"Hey Rosie." I whispered up to her as I saw her bite back a wide smile,

"Hi babe." I smiled at her and tried to move to sit up, but pain shot through my body and I groaned loudly. Rosie quickly laid me back down on her lap and looked over my body with a frown, "I'm so sorry."

"What? I should be the one apologizing to you for not keeping you safe." I told her as she shook her head. I heard a shaky breath and I knew she was going to start crying.

"You were whipped so many times and then burned badly twice because of me. It's all my fault." She said weakly as she took one hand to cover her mouth, trying to muffle her sobs. It took a lot in me to be able to reach up and cup her cheek. My hand was slightly shaky, but I know it brought her comfort as I felt her lean into my touch.

"It's not your fault, Rosie. We all came here because we wanted to get you out of her and bring you back to safety. We made the decision and I don't regret it one bit. And I know everyone else feels the same way. Yeah I got beat pretty bad, but I'm still here. A jaguar can't slow me down, so what does an old man have on me?" I said with a small laugh before wincing at the pain in my abdomen, "Ow, no laughing."

I felt Rosie's hand on my hand that was cupping her cheek. She lifted it off and pressed a kiss to my palm,

"I love you."

"Oi, you stole my move." I complained lightly to her. I saw her smile and shake her head,

"I didn't steal it, other people do it too."

"That's because they stole it too." I told her. I was going to say more, but I watched as she started to lean down towards me. I felt my heartbeat quicken and the butterflies in my stomach returned as our lips finally met after so long.

Her lips felt like home and my emotions went haywire. Our lips moved slowly in sync with each other, just wanting to savor the moment. I took it upon myself to ask permission to enter her mouth and she gladly allowed me. Rosie moaned lightly into my mouth as my tongue got familiar with her again.

She pulled back after a few minutes because we both needed to catch our breaths. I looked up at her with a breathless smile and she gave me a small giggle.