Chapter Twenty-Six

Intense ringing in my ears was the only thing I could make out. I was basically deaf right now as the bullet Mr. Park shot went right next to my head. I blinked a few times out of confusion and just saw him shouting angrily behind him. I watched as he then fully turned around with his musket tight in his grip. He opened his mouth and apparently yelled at the guards who had just barged into the room. They said something and then ran off somewhere as Mr. Park became very animated in his movements.

The ringing was still happening and as I panicked because I didn't know what was happening, I tried my best to look over at Rosie. She was already looking at me with a small smile, which made me even more confused. Her eyes widened as she realized I was basically deaf right now. I watched her mouth 'someone's here' to me. I weakly nodded my head and watched Mr. Park stormed out of the room, furious at whatever was playing out.

I was still on high alert as I didn't have a single clue on what was happening outside of these walls. But it had to have been something pretty big to get the man out of here. I started to get a painful headache as the ringing slowly started to subside. I closed my eyes and scrunched up my face in discomfort. I tried to even out my breathing for a bit before opening them back up.

My vision was still slightly blurry out of pure exhaustion, but I could still see well enough. I slowly turned my head to the side to see Rosie now laying sideways on the floor, still tied to the chair. My eyes widened in a bit of a panic as I thought she was hurt,

"Rosie," I called out, even though it was muffled to me, so I don't know how loud it really was. I guess it was loud enough as Rosie quickly glanced over to me. She said something to me and I just furrowed my eyebrows together as she said it too fast for me to read her lips. But I watched her scoot herself across the floor and get closer to something on the marble flooring. I squinted and with my not so hot vision was able to make out a small pocket knife by the oak door.

I smiled slightly to myself as I realized it probably came from one of the frantic guards. She's going to be able to free herself and be okay. She was fighting towards it and came in reach of it, scooting back to it and feeling around for it. Rosie kept missing grabbing it, so I spoke up as best I could,

"Right." She shot me a grateful smile and moved her hands to the right. I was able to make out her yelling 'yes' to herself as she skillfully worked it through the rope still holding her down. She was able to do it quite quickly and it made me proud of her.

Watching the ropes finally fall around her was the best thing I could've ever seen. I let out a sigh of relief and closed my eyes, letting my head rest against the cold floor. I felt the vibrations in the floor of her sprinting towards me. Next thing I knew, I felt trembling hands cupping my face as gently as she could.

A tear fell on my cheek and I opened my eyes weakly, looking up into tearful brown eyes. But the smile that graced her lips was a beautiful sight. I honestly couldn't move any part of my body and Rosie noticed this rather quickly. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead before scrambling to her feet and going over to the table of death. She grabbed multiple weapons and flinched at something. I saw her run to the window in the back of the room and my hearing started to come back a little more. Her eyes widened at whatever sight she was seeing and a bright smile appeared on her lips.

What the bloody hell is happening?

"Rosie, what's happening?" I asked her quietly. I could actually hear myself somewhat clearly now, so that was a relief. She looked down at me and ran over, heavily breathing. She scanned my face,

"Can you hear me now?" She asked me. I nodded my head. Her once concerned look was washed away,

"Great. Long story short is apparently Irene wasn't captured and she has a lot of backup for us."