Chapter Twelve

"Y/N!"

I opened my eyes as I felt Rosie's warm hands holding onto my right wrist for dear life. Her feet were planted into the wooden boards as she tried to keep her balance. I looked up into her eyes and saw her tear stained cheeks. Her eyes were pleading for me to fight, and that's what I tried to do.

"Rosie, pull me up as much as you can." I told her calmly, not wanting her to freak out anymore because of the situation. She clenched her jaw and yanked me up as much as she physically could. She got me up enough for me to get my left hand on top of a board, putting some of my weight onto it. I pushed myself up with my left and with the help of Rosie, I was able to get on top of a secure board.

I let out the biggest sigh of relief I've ever had in my life as I leaned back against the stone wall. My eyes widened in shock as Rosie sat on my lap and wrapped me up in a huge hug, crying into my shoulder. Once I got back to my senses and my adrenaline started to dwindle, I wrapped my arms around her body and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Rosie."

I whispered in her ear softly, trying to calm down her rapidly beating heart I could feel. Rosie just let out a loud sob and I squeezed her a little tighter, trying to bring her comfort. Her labored breathing soon steadied out and she pulled back, moving her hands to cup both sides of my face. Rosie's eyes stared into mine as she spoke up,

"Don't ever scare me like that again." She said in all seriousness. I gave her a fond smile and nodded my head,

"I'll try my best." And after I said that, her shoulders finally relaxed and she took a deep breath. I rubbed her back soothingly as she continued to collect herself. Once she did, I did something that I didn't think I would do.

I kissed her.

On the forehead.

When I pulled back from the soft kiss I placed on her forehead, she was stunned at my action. Her eyes were wide and I just chuckled to myself as I moved out from under her, carefully walking over to the desk and opened up the drawers. There were some notebooks with maps and diagrams, research, and more. By the looks of the multiple sketched out maps, we were south west of Portugal by about 90 kilometers.

I glanced back over my shoulder to see how Rosie was doing and she was just daydreaming by the looks of things. I smiled and then walked over to the other cabinets, searching through them. There were some new tools and materials that I stuffed into my pouch. I also snatched Rosie's pouch to put some stuff in hers since mine was basically full. I slung both over my shoulders and held my hand out for Rosie to take as she was still sitting on the floor.

"You wanna see the view from up here?" I asked her as the big opening on the other side was waiting to be looked out of. She tore herself away from her thoughts and just glanced up at my hand, reaching out to take a hold of it and standing up next to me. I was going to let her hand go, but she subtly tightened her grip, telling me to keep her hand in mine.

We both walked carefully over to the opening in the lighthouse and I silently gasped at how beautiful everything looked. The jungle was a beautiful green and there were multiple flocks of birds chilling in the treetops. The ocean looked gorgeous from up here as well and I guess the island is pretty large because I can't see the other side of it. Rosie moved forward a little and scanned every detail she could; eyes sparking at the new view.

"If only this thing wasn't in horrible condition, we could totally live here." I said, thinking out loud.

"Yeah there's no way we are living here. You almost died." She said right away as I swear I felt my heart skip a single beat. I quickly shoved any emotions I'm feeling for her away at this moment, but that didn't work as I looked over to observe her side profile.