What Lies Ahead

What Lies Ahead

Katherine watches in horror as the CDC goes up in flames. She was shaking, was everyone okay? She pokes her head out the window and sniffles a cough from the smoke, she notices Dale and Andrea, but no Jacqui. Her heart drops. Jacqui was a nice woman, she was brave and kind. So far they had lost too many people.

This is life now, this is how they had to live. They had to accept the fact that maybe not everyone here will make it through. At the start, Katherine promised she'd stay clear of groups; but then she met this one and was reunited with her family. 'A group makes you weak', Katherine thought. She thought that if she stayed clear of people she would be able to avoid the sadness of losing someone.

<><><><>

Katherine was in the RV with Shane, Andrea, Glenn, T-Dog and Dale. They got rid of one car since there is space in the RV now for one more. Katherine and Glenn were together.

"How did you learn how to use that?" Glenn asks, pointing to Katherine's hunting knife. "Daryl," Katherine replies," When I was little, Daryl and Merle taught me how to hunt. How to survive. "She smiles to herself.

"That must be cool. I delivered pizzas. "Glenn smiles. Katherine looks at him through her eye lashes.

"That must've been fun. "She chuckles. Glenn shakes his head," No, but it was something to do. "He states. Katherine and Glenn spoke for a few more times about Katherine and how she met a guy called Luke after she left home.

Katherine stops talking and turns when she hears a hissing noise coming from the front of the RV. Dale sighed and put it into park.

Katherine walks over and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Everything okay?" She looks ahead at the herd of abandoned vehicles.

"No. I said it, didn't I? A hundred times." He slams his hand on the steering wheel.

Rick pulls up alongside the RV. "Everything okay, Dale?" He asks.

Katherine wipes the sweat off her forehead. The heat was getting worse every day.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of--okay,that was dumb. " Dale replies, squinting his eyes and looking ahead.

"We can't find a radiator hose here. " Shane comes forward. Katherine looks up to him. "We haven't even looked. Plus, we can stock up on supplies. "She swings open the door and jumps down onto the concrete.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start. " T-Dog says.

"Maybe some water. "Carol says.

"Or food. "Glenn points.

"This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this. "Lori mutters, putting her hands on her hips.

"The whole worlds a graveyard. Plus, the dead won't mind. "Katherine shrugs, walking through the cars. She picks up a shopping basket and starts to collect. She found toilet paper, a flashlight, sleeping bag, feminine products, canned goods and a gun. Katherine smiles with glee and checks the barrel. Once we sees it's half full, she tucks it behind her belt. Now she had two guns and two blades.