Bloodletting

Bloodletting

Everyone was quiet after they heard the gunshot. Andrea tried to talk everyone down and convince them it was nothing.

"You still worried about it?" Andrea asks Lori.

"It was a gunshot. "Lori insisted, letting out a stressful sigh.

"We all heard it. "Daryl nods, holding the strap of his crossbow over his chest.

"Why one? Why just one gunshot?" Lori presses, looking to Daryl for answers. Daryl shrugs before Katherine steps up.

"I agree. Ain't no way they'd take down one Walker with a shot. Shane maybe, because he's a dumbass, but I told Rick it's best we stopped using guns back at camp. "

"Shouldn't they have caught up to us by now?" Carol wonders, looking at their surroundings.

"There's nothing we can do about it anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl sounded like he was done with this conversation already.

"So what do we do?" Lori asks again.  "We head back to the highway like they said, then we pull up a plan for Sophia. "Katherine puts a hand on Lori's shoulder. "We're all tired and need to regain our strength. ".

"I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV. I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel." Andrea turns to Carol.

"I suppose you do. Thank you. The thought of her out here by herself...It's the not knowing that's killing me. I just keep hoping and praying she doesn't wind up like Amy. " Carol covers her mouth, shocked at herself for saying that. "Oh god. That's the worst thing I ever said. ".

Andrea shakes her head, shrugging her off. "We're all hoping and praying with you,for what it's worth. "

Daryl scoffs and steps closer to the group,"I'll tell you what it's worth--not a damn thing. It's a waste of time all this hoping and praying. 'Cause we're gonna locate that little girl,she's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord. ".

"I agree with Daryl, Sophia is a tough kid. "Katherine claps her hands together. "Let's go. ".

<><><><>

Everyone whips around when they hear Andrea's scream. Nobody knew which direction it was coming from.

"Andrea!" Lori calls out.

Katherine seen Andrea under a Walker. She pulled out her blade ready to through it into its skull, when a woman on a horse smacked it in the skull with a baseball bat.

"Lori? Lori Grimes?" She looks around everyone.

"I'm Lori. ".

"There's been an accident. Carl's been shot. He's still alive but you've got to come now. Rick needs you. Just come"The woman spoke quickly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't know this girl. You can't get on the horse. "Katherine grabs Lori's arm as she gets ready to climb onto the horse.

"That's my boy. "Lori looks in Katherine's eyes one last time before climbing onto the horse.

"Rick said you had others on the highway? The big traffic snarl? Backtrack to Fairburn road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox. The name is Greene. Hyah!." With that, the woman and Lori took off. 

Glenn stood there in shock. Katherine snorts and flicks his hat. "Hopefully you get to see her again. " she teases.

<><><><>

When the group arrived back to the highway, they explained everything to Dale and T-Dog.

"If Carl's been shot and they're helping him, maybe they got a doctor." Katherine steps up. Dale nods too," Katherine's right, maybe they can help T-Dog. "He says.

"Glenn and T-Dog head out to the farm and get his arm fixed. The rest of us stay here and see if Sophia comes back. "Dale tells everyone .

"I'm going. "Katherine steps up.

"Naw, yer stayin here. "Daryl turns to her. "The hell I am, I'd feel better out there. I can go searching for Sophia from that end. "Katherine stands her ground. "I'll be fine, D, you don't gotta worry. " she smiles reassuringly.

<><><><>

What felt like an eternity arguing with Daryl, Katherine finally told him to piss off and that she's going.

"You're not like him, you know, Merle. "T- Dog says from the back seat and Glenn drove the car looking for this Farm. "He was a dick, no offence." 

"None taken. "Katherine grumbles, chewing her nail. "My brother was a terrible person, but he was family. And sometimes in this world, family is all we have. "She glances over her shoulder to him.

Katherine quickly sat up when she noticed a mailbox that had 'Greene' in big letters written on it.

"There. "She slaps Glenn's arm.

"Ow, I see. "Glenn slaps her hand back. Katherine huffs and flicks his cap, jumping out to open the fence. Her long, black leather jacket flowed behind her, exposing her blade that was in her thigh garter. She took it out and hid it in her boot, just in case.

Glenn pulled up beside her and closes the gate. She jumps back into the vehicle and they began driving further into the mysterious farm. They jump out when they see the same woman from earlier on the porch.

"Hey, uh, we're the people from earlier. One of ours is injured and needs your help. "Katherine calls to her. The woman smiles and stands up," Come on in and we get him patched up. ".

Glenn and T-Dog walked in, but Katherine glanced at the woman suspiciously. She was suspicious of new people since Jenner.

"Come on, we won't kill you. "Chuckles the woman. "Yeah, we'll see. "Katherine mumbles and walks passed her into  the farmhouse.

<><><><>

UNEDITED.

I'll start editing whenever I'm not lazy, but firstly I'm trying to drop another chapter maybe. Vote and comment!