Dear Friend

Katherine

Katherine walks back into the cell to the sound of bushed arguing. She furrows her eyebrows confused, she had been out hunting despite Rick urging her not to. She walks to where all the talking was just to be faced with Andrea," I'm not sure if I should you or slap you," she crosses her arms like a disappointed mother.

"A hug is preferable," Andrea smiles, opening her arms.

Katherine gives a toothy smile and hugs her tightly," I thought you died," she sighs, blowing out air.

"I almost did," admits Andrea, pulling away from the hug and looking to Michonne.

"I don't get it," Andrea turns back to Rick after a few seconds of silence," I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?" She scoffs, clearly offended. Katherine wasn't here long, but she could feel the tension between the two. "Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Phillip has done. But I'm here now trying to understand. I'm trying to bring us together, just like how we were at the beginning. "

"People change, people become violent just to survive. They see a neighbouring group and they feel threatened, they feel the need to eliminate the possible threat. That's what Philip is doing, he attacked first," Katherine mocks The Governors names.

Andrea throws her hands up defeated and points to Katherine," After your dumbass brother took Glenn and Maggie!" She yells.

"Choose your words more wisely," Katherine snaps back.

Andrea was her friend back when they were a small group, now she's with the enemy, sleeping with him. Katherine couldn't phantom the thought that Andrea was siding and defending The Governor.

"I'm sorry, okay? I don't want anymore people dying, I-"

"Your boyfriend killed two of our people, two survivors that we found in here. Two good men. He almost killed everyone else, but we fought back. Because Andrea, we're no longer that group from Atalanta, we've lost too many people to let shit like that slide. So you tell Philip that the next time he wants to play games, I'll take his other eye," Katherine grits, her voice raising in annoyance.

Katherine gives Andrea one last look before walking towards the door. She exits and walks down to the fields where they kept people buried. Katherine picks up two sticks and makes a cross, before tying them tightly together. She pushes it deep into the soil and sits back," You were a good man, Oscar," she smiles.

They weren't able to recover Oscar's body, but the least they could do was honour him by remembering his bravery. Katherine noticed approaching footsteps from her left, she looks up to see Merle.

"Hope I'm not intrudin'" he grunts, taking a seat beside her.

"Naw, I was just done," she smiles softly.

After a few minutes of silence Merle speaks up," D told me that you were happier without us, I just wish I could've seen you," he sighs.

Katherine shrugs," I wasn't happier with you, I was happier without him," Katherine didn't need to say his name, but Merle knew she meant their father," I went back for y'all, but I was met with him as a Walker," she explains, putting a hand over her eyes to cover the sun from blinding her. The heat was nice when she could just relax.