Memory Lane

Memory Lane

Katherine

Negan left, lifting a huge weight off Alexandria's shoulders. Rick requested for Daryl to stay since they were following Negan's orders, to which he refused with a smart mouthed comment... Katherine bit back slicing his throat and watching him suffer, she remembers smiling to herself at the picture.

"I'm heading out," Katherine tells Olivia. "Tell Rick I'll be gone a few days. "

Katherine knew what happened to Glenn wasn't Rick's fault, it was nobodies fault, but she started pushing people away like she always did. The only place she wanted to be was with Glenn, so she decided to make her way to the Hilltop to check on Maggie and the baby.

"Shouldn't you tell him?" Olivia asks.
"He'd convince me to stay-"
"We feel safer knowing you're here, Katherine. "Olivia tried to convince her to stay. "What you've done for this place is just incredible. "Katherine didn't want to feel like a hero, she didn't want to feel a constant responsibility for Alexandria when half of the people look at her like dirt on her shoes.

"I'll see you." Katherine swings the back back over her back and makes her way to the back of the town to jump the gates. She was wise enough to cover her tracks along the way. She checked out a crèche on her journey and grabbed some diapers, formula, bottles and even a little teddy bear for the baby. She knew Maggie didn't have time over the few weeks to even prepare. Katherine thought it only be right the baby had a teddy since she didn't have much toys growing up.

Katherine hated the fact that Negan got to walk free, as much as she hated to admit it, Negan did what he had to do to protect his people. Same way Rick and Katherine has killed so many people, but the difference is, Negan took somebody so kind; Glenn has never taken a human life before that night.
Rick and Negan are two men with the will to do whatever it takes to survive, and they met on such horrible parts of their life. Katherine wondered if they met under different circumstances maybe they could've made an even better deal that the one they had at the Hilltop.

"Don't you ever be afraid to stand up for yourself, Kathy." Merle's voice says in her ear. "I didn't raise you to be bullied by those losers. "
Katherine remembered that day so clearly. Before their mother died and they lived in a decent enough place, the kids on the street use to pick on Katherine because of her living situation, Katherine also remembered how Merle stormed her up to the bullies and told her to beat them up, which she did. "That's my girl. "Merle pulled her over his shoulder and played with her instead.
Her childhood was flooded with bad memories," Don't you dare raise your hands to her again, ya hear? You ain' even wan' 'er, you always treated that little girl as a goddamn slave since mom died. "Katherine heard Merle yell to Will, curled up in a corner in her room with her bunny teddy bear gripped tightly in her hands.

Katherine wiped a stray tear that rolled down her cheek and pulled at the two wires in the car and rubbed them together.
"Come on," she grits, trying harder. This time the car roared to life, she smiles happily and throws the bags in the passenger seat before pulling off.

"You pretend to be the bad guy because it's easier for you to push people away if they think you're a bitch, but you're not. "Glenn says while staring into the camp fire. Katherine looks behind her to the quarry, then back to Glenn. "I'm not a people's person, growing up I never needed anybody. "She responds. "This world's different, people's all we got... how they view Daryl and Merle is how they're gonna view you, but I know you're a good person. "Glenn reaches over and takes her hand. "I'm grateful for how you always stand up to Shane when he's yelling at me. "He chuckles. She snorts and throws meat into her mouth," Shane's a clown. "

"Heard that. "Shane mumbles.
Katherine side eyes him and flips him off," Good, maybe you'll stop acting like a little girl and actually go out to Atlanta instead of pissing and whining at everybody else. "