Walkers in the Barn

Walkers In The Barn

Katherine's blood ran cold," She did what?" she asks, turning to Carol abruptly. Carol stood back quickly, "He's fine, Katherine. " Carol smiles softly.

"It don't matter if he's fine or not, Andrea shot my damn brother!" she scoffs," I have reasons to be pissed!" Katherine hisses. She notices Carol's face drop and immediately feels bad," I'm sorry. I don't mean to take it out on you, I'm stressed and I'm tired. " she explains, placing a hand in Carol's shoulder and sends her an apologetic smile before heading to the Greene's house.

Beth spotted her approaching from the kitchen window and runs to open the door," He's resting right now, my daddy patched him up. " the teenager smiles. Beth was a sweet girl and Katherine felt bad on her, it was clear that she has no clue what's really out there.

"Thank you," Katherine makes her way to Daryl's room and stays seated until nightfall.

When dinner came, Glenn quite literally had to throw Katherine over his shoulder to get her out of Daryl's room,"He'll kill us if he knew you didn't eat," Glenn laughs and sets her on a chair. Katherine's stomach growled rather loudly, her cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Yeah, you're right. " she flicks Glenn's hat and digs in. 

"How'd you learn how to throw those?" Maggie points to her belt where Katherine's blades sat, while throwing some broccoli in her mouth. Katherine swallows her food before speaking up.

"My brothers- they taught me almost everything I needed to know about survival. Merle would always say I was really born a boy when I was younger, I remember crying to Daryl saying I didn't wanna be one," she laughs slightly at the memory," Anyway, they took me out hunting a lot until Merle got a hold of drugs. " she explains.

Glenn couldn't help but laugh at the story and Maggie slapped him to shut him up. "I wasn't aware you had another brother, is he alive?" 

Katherine stopped chewing and cleared her throat," I- uh, I don't know. We left him on a roof and all we found was a hand," she looks at Maggie. Maggie gasped," I'm sorry Kat, I shouldn't have asked. " Maggie sighs.

<><><><>

After dinner Carol agreed to bring dinner to Daryl whilst Katherine showered and got some rest. So the next morning when Katherine woke up, she felt like she could conquer anything. She felt refreshed and well rested. Overnight Daryl had decided to go back to his tent and stay there.

"Morning Ladies," Katherine walks to Lori and Carol," I was thinking of making a run into the town today for some supplies. I don't know, maybe something to thank Hershel and his family, they've been more than kind to us. " Lori and Carol agreed and handed her some eggs and bacon. She thanked them and took a seat next to T-Dog.

Glenn stood up scratching the back of his neck," Guys, there's something I need to tell you...." he pauses, glancing at the barn," There's walkers in the barn. " Katherine started choking on her bacon causing T- Dog to slap her back to help her.

"Damn Glenn, at least I know who not to go to about gossip!" she jokes. She didn't really care because it was Herschel's barn, his rules. But Shane thought otherwise he ran straight over with the group behind him.

"Shane! Shane!" Rick yells, grabbing his best friend," This isn't our home," he tries to reason.

"That barn is full of things that's tryna kill !"

"And we survived out there with things that were trying to kill us. "Katherine points out," This is Hershel's property, it's his choice. " she throws her hands up.

"And if they get out?" Shane glares at her.

"They haven't." she shoot's back.

Rick stands between them glaring at each other, she still didn't like him after the library situation at The CDC," Katherine's right, Shane, this isn't our business. "

"Really man? You want Lori and Carl sleeping next to that?" Shane points to the barn.

"I don't think you get to question how he looks after his family. "Katherine smirks.

Shane rolls his eyes,"Shut the hell up, bitch."

Katherine snorts," That all you got? 'Bitch' you're pathetic. " she sneers.

"Hey, go back to camp and take the others. "Rick looks to her pleadingly.

"Yes sir," she says sarcastically and walks off to the camp.

"You done?" Daryl says from next to a tree, Katherine jumps and puts a hand on her chest.

"Jesus!" she gasps," Glad to see you're up again, idiot. " Katherine slaps his arm," What were you thinking? You could've died!"

"You took a horse, too," Daryl points out. Katherine slap him again," Yeah, but at least I didn't come back with an arrow would or a bullet would!"

Daryl moves his hands as if he's mocking her and dodges another slap," Alright, sorry for havin' ya worry. " he ruffles her hair. "Come on, let's go huntin'" he grabs his stuff and starts walking.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Katherine wonders, chasing after him. "Daryl, slow down!" she whines.

"I should be, but that kid still hasn't been found and I don't see any of these assholes looking," he points out.

"Then let me-"

"Naw, you ain't going alone. " Daryl continues to walk. Katherine sighs in defeat and follows her brother through the bushes.

- Hey! I know it's been a hot minute since I've uploaded. I'm sorry, I prefer to write when I'm in the mood to, not when I need to. If that makes sense. Unedited and what not. Please keep me updated on your thoughts -