Blood for Blood

Blood for Blood

Darkness, fast breathing, unfamiliar voices chanting, 'Governor!' repeatedly. Her head pounded like never before from the harsh blow to her skull. Her clothing stuck to her from the layer of sweat that coated her pale skin. The Governor had taken her. Had the others escaped safely?

"Now, I know we're all terrified by the recent events that occurred. But as your leader, as your protecter, I won't let this slide. When you all chose me to lead y'all, I knew I had a big responsibility when it came to keeping y'all alive, and I still will," the voice shouted over the cheers, Katherine assumed it was their Governor. She wasn't restrained, she knew that they knew she couldn't escape with the guards around," The people that attacked us didn't attack us randomly, Merle had taken their people to find his brother and sister, and they came for them. But upon further thinking, I realised that they weren't the only enemy.... There's one here, behind these walls. He's been protecting y'all, manipulating y'all into thinking he was one of you, but he never was, Merle Dixon!" the man shouted.

Katherine body was pushed forward and she felt someone take her,"So we're gonna test his loyalty, does he stand with Woodbury or those people... T-those minsters! Tonight we brought two of the infiltrators.... Merle's own siblings!" Katherine's bag was pulled off her head and she instantly became blinded by huge arena lights. Katherine's eyes fell into Merle's, then shifted to Daryl's. The man who held her had an eyepatch on, he had a blue eye and dark hair, he was around Rick's age.

"You fight your brother and kill your sister. We can go back to how things were, how things should be," he smiles. Katherine's heart began pounding faster. They hadn't seen Merle in a long time who he is could possibly be worse to who he was. Things got quiet, then Merle and Daryl started fighting. Merle bent down and whispered something, before Daryl punched him in the jaw, sending Merle on his ass. They both jumped up and started fighting the men around them. A smoke bomb rolled to the middle of the arena and Katherine took that as a sign. She swiftly turns around to the man and punches him in the throat, he groans and doubles over, in which he received a knee to the face from Katherine.

"Kat!" Merle yells, she runs to him and takes his hand, he pushed her ahead of him and guided her to Daryl. The trio ran off to see Rick and Maggie, Katherine jumps into Rick's arms in happiness," Thank God," she breathes.

"We ain't for time for this lovie dovie crap, let's go!" Merle ushered them back to the streets and over to a breach.

____________________________

Katherine prepared herself for what was to come when they walk into a clearing. Glenn was the first to barge up with his finger in Merle's face," What's he doing here?" he grits.

"Put it down," Katherine warns Michonne, she held her blades toward Michonne," Don't make this difficult," she warns.

"Woah, woah, woah! Put it down!" Rick demands everyone.

"He tried to kill me!" Shouts Glenn, hurt and angered, his face was red from the frustration.

"He-"

"No, Katherine, that piece of shit beat the crap out of Glenn," Maggie gets in Katherine's face.

Katherine bumps foreheads with her and stares her down," Wanna choose your words more wisely?" she cocks her head. "If it were Beth you'd go back," she points out, clenching her fists," Merle helped us get out of there after we got trapped saving your dumb ass."