Who Are you Now?

Who Are You Now?

Katherine

Maybe you already knew that. But it hasn't gotten any easier. Sun keeps rising. Days keep passing. World keeps spinning. Time... it just keeps moving forward. Weeks, months, even years go by... while you try to make sense of it all. At times we crack to let only the light in.
Try to find where you belong. Try to look ahead to a better future. But the truth is...the path ahead has only grown darker.
It's harder to see. You can feel so lost... so alone...so desperate for something, anything that might show you the way. But...even now... after all this time, surrounded by darkness... there are still flashes of light... she tried to make sense of it all. Make sense of why God was punishing her, why he'd give her a taste of life just to rip it away later. She tried to pretend things were getting easier, but they never did. Daryl shut himself down for a long time. He lived out in the woods and only truly spoke when Katherine would barge herself out there. Even when she was pregnant she'd stomp through the mud and sit on a rock, and try convince him to come home. 

"I'll come home when he does. "

Daryl swore to Katherine he'd reunite her with Rick. And part of her wanted to believe him. She wasn't alone, however, Luke and Michonne were great help. When it came to naming the baby the two fought for hours. Katherine was stuck between MJ and RJ. MJ for Merle Junior, wanting to bring light to Merle and RJ it was, because Michonne said it felt right. Katherine knew it was right.

She believed that as the days went on the pain would ease, but it never did. The dreams got worse, too. Haunting her and reminding her that everyone she loved was gone.

The streets were empty, scattered in documents strewn from their briefcases. Cars turned over, the windows smashed, shimmering the streets with a sparkly glow. Buildings abandoned, any reminder of its old life gone. Bodies lay on the floor, some with their limbs on opposite sides of the street. Dried up stains of gas and blood painted the streets and walls, doors from stores flung open. What was once a convenient store, now with posters tore down, windows broken, a crooked 'CLOSED' sign on a door that was ajar, was now home to the roaming dead. She passed by with a disgusted look and opened the department stores door, peeping in for walkers before entering and closing the door behind her. She steps over a fallen mannequin, avoiding the fresh blood splatter on the carpet, the stove still lit from whoever was last there. There was a woman on the floor with a whole in her forehead, Katherine prayed whoever had killed her wasn't close. She opened the 'AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY' door and began ascending up the stairs that led to the roof, the door shut closed with a loosely tied padlock. She pulls her backpack from her bag and pulls out a chain cutters, she snips the chains open and lets them fall to the ground, where they would remain until someone passed them. She pushed the door open with a squeak and steps through. Katherine looked around in anticipation, almost awaiting someone to attack her - but why would there be someone on a roof with the doors locked on the opposite side?

She steps over the turned over tool box and sighs. No one was here, or at least no one had been for a while. She walks to the edge of the roof and looks over the wall down to the walker infested street.

"Something tells me that you aren't here for the scenery?" The hairs at the back of her neck stood up. She turns around with her mouth open widely. "What? Surprised to see me? C'mon, Kat, you already made me a promise. "He chuckles, pointing down to the street. "We'd steal another car together, right? Hold up your end of the deal. "Glenn chuckles.

"I- how are you-"

"How am I what?" Glenn pushes. "Have you gotten into Merle's stash, again? "Katherine shakes her head, no. "Then what is it?"