Brother, Brother

Brother, Brother

Katherine's feet dragged her further and further through the woods and closer to the gunfire. Her whole body went into fight mode, but that didn't disguise the fear that Katherine felt pulsing through her veins. The gunfire got louder but less frequent, signalling that the standoff was calming down. Katherine looked up through the trees and let's put a deep breath as the guard towers come into view, she pulls herself through the field and sees Rick holding walkers off as two more surrounded him.

Daryl lifts his crossbow up and aims, shooting down the Walker that Rick held, meanwhile Merle ran into action and stabbed one through the skull. Katherine was next up, she grabbed one by it's hair and pulls it to the ground, violently stomping it's skull to mush. Katherine grimaces as the blood coats her leather boot. Rick nods to Daryl and Merle then turns to Katherine, she was busy wiping her foot off in the grass.

"That was The Governor," Rick tells them with a unreadable look plastered on his face.

____________________________

"Y'all should be scared of him," Merle sighs, he was locked away separately, a request made by Glenn," That truck through the fence thing, that was just the beginning. That's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the men and the guns. " he leans forward while wiping his blade.

"That sadistic asshole is probably got more than just some walkers and a busted gate," Katherine growls from the corner, she takes a bite from her apple and glances to Merle.

"This is all you, you started this," Glenn shouts at him. Katherine could barely look at his beaten and swollen face.

"He's got a point," Hershel agrees.

"We should leave," Beth looks around at the group of survivors. There wasn't a lot of of them left since the barn, but there was enough.

Rick stands up and walks past them all, he hadn't spoken a word to Katherine since she came back, she put it down to him grieving over the loss of his wife.

"Get back here!" Hershel's yell echoes, Katherine jumps slightly shocked by his sudden outburst . "You're slipping Rick, we've seen it. We understand why. But it's not the time. You once said it's not a democracy anymore, now you have to own up to that. I put my families lives in your hands. So get your head clear and do something," he spits and hobbles off.

Rick sighs and steps out to watch," Go on," Merle urges Katherine and looks in the direction of Rick. Daryl whistles in her direction as she gets up, resulting in the apple she once had landing off his head.

Katherine finds Rick on watch in a guard tower, she closes the door and climbs the stairs. She knocks before entering and leans against the railing," He's right you know, Hershel, we don't expect you to snap back to normal and be completely fine after what happened, but you have responsibilities," she explains.

Rick stays silent, not finding the words to say, she felt the tension, hell anyone could," If you're mad at me... I-" she pauses, turning to look at him," I get it. I left him one for you people and I wasn't doing it again. I just found out he was alive, Damn it!" she snaps, no reply," Talk to me Rick. I feel like you hold me responsible for what happened with Lori... Rick, I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I wanted to, you have no clue how much I wished I could, but she chose her baby, she did what any woman would've done and she begged me to save the baby-"