Woodbury

Woodbury

Rick, Oscar, Michonne, Daryl and Katherine walk through the woods after abandoning their car a few miles back. Rick thought it would be better if this Governor didn't expect them, but Katherine thought maybe he did. He couldn't be stupid enough to abduct people and not expect a rescue team to follow suit.

"Walkers!" Katherine whispers, pulling out her blades and twirling them around her hands, readying up. Michonne pulled her sword from her back, curtesy of Katherine criticising Rick and Daryl, telling them she can't wander around the woods with just her good intentions.

Katherine gestures for Daryl to take the walkers that have been slowly following them from the prison, and her and Michonne would take the ones up front.

Walker after Walker, body's and body's, the group couldn't take anymore. Walkers seemed to have multiplied by dozens, giving Katherine no hope of surviving all of them. She sighs and adjusts the bag of grenades on her back," This way!" she calls over her shoulder, running to an abandoned cabin. They enter and Rick slams the door behind them, poking his head bout the window.

"Rick, we can't sit here forever," Daryl tells him, nodding to the back door. Katherine noticed a ball of blankets on the floor that moved slightly.

"Shh!" she puts up a hand.

"We can't just walk out there with a herd," Rick replies back.

"Shh!"

"We can't sit here either-"

"Holy fuck," Katherine huffs at the men. She struts over and pulls the blankets back. A man pops out and grabs her, pulling her against him, she felt the coldness of a gun barrel at her temple.

"Get out! I'll call the cops! Get out!"

Rick holds out his hand to calm the man down," I am a cop!" he whispers," I'm gonna reach for my badge," he reached to his pocket. The man points the gun at Rick and watches him closely, giving Katherine the chance to slap the gun from his hand and twist his arm so he was doubled over. 

"We aren't here to hurt you! Listen, we just need to stay here a few more-" Katherine was cut off by him turning the opposite way and head butting her. She groans and grabs her nose, looking to the blood that fell. Her nose poured blood so fast that her mouth and chin was now painted red.

"No!" Rick yells as the crazed man attempts to open the door only to be stopped by Michonne's blade slicing through his chest.

"You good?" Daryl checks Katherine injury, Katherine nods," Help me. He'll be our diversion," she tries to drag the man to the door.

"We got this, stop the bleeding," Rick points to her nose. He, Daryl and Oscar pull the man up and throw him out the door to the dead.
Michonne hands her a rag she had in her bag of supplies Katherine also snuck her.

The group make their way out the back whilst the dead feast on the corpse out front. Michonne led the way as Katherine kept her guard high in case anybody was watching them.

____________________________

"On your feet. Move !" A man yells, Katherine pulls the pin from the smoke bomb and throws it around the corner. An explosion erupted an everyone shouted in panic, Daryl and Rick covered her and Oscar as they ran to grab Glenn and Maggie. Katherine slit the man's throat that had a right grip on Maggie and pulled her with her, Maggie panicked and tried to pull away. Katherine pulls her blindfold off and smiles," Time to come home," she chuckles and hands her a hand gun.

They run out onto the streets," Aim for the heads, end it quick, don't kill civilians. "Katherine whispers over her shoulder and charges through with the others behind her. She tumbles behind a garbage can and avoids bullets. She positions her rifle and takes down the soldiers as Rick guided Glenn and Maggie back to the building.

They all run in and catch their breath,"Where's Michionne?" Katherine asks.

Rick shrugs," She's on her own now. " Katherine scoffs and rolls her eyes," Really? We wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for her. "

"Guys, this was Merle," Glenn interrupts.

"What?" Katherine gasps.

"You sure?" Rick turns to him.

"Mmhmm, he threw a Walker at me. "

"I- I need to see him," Katherine walks to the door. Rick grabs her arm," He's not worth it. You go out there, you die. " Katherine pulls her arm back and slaps his hand," The hell he is! Merle's my family, my brother. Merle may be an asshole, I know that, but like I said, he's family. And In this world, families all we got. " she felt a lump in her throat.

"I'm going with her," Daryl stands behind her with a stern look.

Rick runs his hand over his face," We need you, both of you for when things go sideways. "

"Rick, I spent months thinking my brother was dead. I could live with that because I thought those walkers tore him apart back in Atlanta, but now I know he's alive and you want me to abandon him again?" Katherine pleads.

"No, that's final. "

Why was Katherine even asking? Sure, she may not be thinking straight, but maybe if she spoke to Merle, he could stop the Governor, right?

"Come on," Rick pats Katherine's shoulder, she slaps his hand off her, still hurt over what he said. Katherine kicks open the door and throws out more smoke bombs. Glenn and Maggie walk our back to back and take down lieutenants. Katherine reloads and runs out too, taking shelter behind a bench between Daryl and Rick and Oscar helps Glenn and Maggie over a truck that was used as the wall.

Katherine noticed Rick zone out and stare at a man with crazy eyes," Rick!" she yells over the gun fire. Rick, clearly out of it, storms toward the man and shoots him down, then examined his body. "Dammit!" she growls and shoots a woman in the head who was sneaking up behind Rick,"Go! Daryl and I will cover you," she pushes him to the gate. Rick nods and takes off, then everything goes black.

Unedited