Conquer

Conquer

Katherine

Katherine drums her fingers rhythmically on the old, dusty desk in the corner of the plain white room, in the corner was a mattress where Rick was and then the table with a singular office chair. She runs a hand through her hair and waits... it had been hours and Rick was sent into some sort of confinement for being in possession of a firearm, Katherine thought it was absolutely ridiculous. She stands up and walks to his sleeping frame , and kicks his boot. He groans and stirs, so she kicks him again, he opens his eyes and covers them with his hand.

"Morning," she mutters and sits on the edge of the mattress. He sits up against the wall and chuckles. Katherine turns to him confused, he runs a hand over his stitched up face and smiles.
"It's like the train car all over again," he states.

"Deanna insisted you come here to calm things down. "Katherine says irritated by the fact. "What a bunch of bullshit. Claudia patched you up. "

"That I did," Claudia walks in with food for them both. "Brought you food since you won't leave his side. "Katherine's stomach grumbles in responds, she mutters and thanks and digs in. "What did that whack job say anyways to make you snap?" Claudia asks, checking his stitches. The rest of the group hurry in. "Said some sick shit about Katherine. "

"Like what?" Katherine asks. "Nothing true," was all Rick responded.
"Well, he's in another house now. "Claudia informs him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"You could've told us why was happening," Glenn scoffs pointing to everyone. Katherine bites her bread," Would you have helped?" Glenn shakes his head. "That's why," Katherine swallows her food.
"It moved fast. And then Noah. I couldn't tell you about the gun. I'm sorry. "

"We have to stop this. This place it's a good place. "Glenn kneels to her level. "You're better than this, Kat, don't lose your humanity now. They have children... elders.... We'd be no better than The Governor if we do this. "Glenn whispers, pleading with her. Katherine pauses and drops her bread," Think about how you felt when he came and took the prison, how he hurt your kids. "Katherine's eye twitches, old memories flooding in like a river.

"They're gonna kick him out," she points to Rick. "I'll bargain with Deanna," Maggie says from behind Glenn.  Katherine glances up at her," I won't let that happen. "Maggie shakes her head. "I gotta meet Deanna now. "She excuses herself.

Katherine stands up," If they kick him out they're gonna have to be prepared for what comes after. "She walks through the door and slams it behind her. Glenn sighs and stands up again.

Katherine storms past Spencer to the gate," Where do you think you're going?" He calls after her. "My mom said nobodies to leave. "

"Hey, send this message on to your mom," Katherine sticks up her middle finger and pulls the latch, then the gate, she closes it after her. "I can't let you leave. "Spencer says from behind her. "Don't make me knock you on your ass, too. " Katherine sighs tiredly. Spencer swallows and tries to grab her arm, she grabs his instead and twists it behind his back, she shoves him into the gate. "Don't try that again. "She warns deeply. She lets him go and enters the woods.

The woods was more peaceful than she had remembered. She breathes in the smell of damp soil and tree barks. Katherine wanders down by a creek and takes a seat. She puts her hands into her pocket to find a crumpled up piece of paper, she furrows her eyebrows and pulls it open.  It was the letter Merle had left her, she thought she lost it, she didn't realise she was crying until her tears fell onto the page. She wipes them and puts it back in her pocket. Lately she's been missing him a lot, remembering the words he'd say to her;