The Bridge

The Bridge

Katherine

Katherine wipes the sweat from her forehead and continues to hammer some nails into the large plank of wood. Although them and The Saviors were one now, she still felt uneasy about a large amount of them. The ones that didn't understand there were rules to be followed, the ones who thought this was some big game, and especially the ones who were treating young Henry like their servant. Luke places a cold cup of water beside Katherine, to which she thanks him profusely and chugs it down, letting out a sigh of appreciation. Rick had hoped that maybe building this bridge would bring back a piece of the old world. Supplies were sent from the three communities to keep each other fed and neutered.

"You good?" Luke questions after a long silence. Katherine kept her eyes on Henry, but replied anyway," Just tired. Are you?" Luke hums in response. He didn't want Katherine out here since she's been puking. "You know what I'm gonna say-"

"I don't feel nauseous, I don't got headaches-"

"Have you puked this morning?" He raises an eyebrow. "I-" she snaps her mouth closed, looking down to the wood. "Yes, just a little. But I'm feeling good, I got plenty of rest, I ate what I could this morning and I'm okay. "She huffs, turning her back to him.

"You're being grumpy with me because I want to make sure you're okay?" He chuckles. She really never changed. "Does Rick know you had the bug...or rather you still have it?" He pressed. "No, now leave me alone. I gotta pee. "She stands up and walks to the makeshift bathroom they had built up.

She walks back out to Justin and Daryl fighting, like punching one another fighting. "Hey!" She runs over and grabs Justin's arm. "Get off him!" She says in her most intimidating voice. Justin turns around and backhands her roughly," Stay out of it, bitch." Katherine falls to the floor and gasps.

"I'm gonna kill you!" She shouts, pulling out her blade and running toward him, but Luke grabs her before she could succeed. "Just watch! I'm gonna drag you by that greasy hair of yours, you little-"

"Calm down," Luke ignores her trashing against him.

<><><><>

The next morning rolled around pretty quickly. Katherine hunched over in the toilet just by her and Rick's room, puking violently. She had to have an early night last night due to not feeling well and majority of the people understood. She pulls herself up and brushes her teeth, before heading for the stairs.

"And you're sure nobody seen him leave?" Rick's voice caught her attention. "No, he just, he just disappeared. "Arat responds.

"What's going on?" Katherine ponders to the cabinet to grab some cereal. She felt odd about Arat being here. "Justin," Arat turns to her," he never showed up last night. You seen him?" Katherine shakes her head. "Nope. I came back early. "She walks back out the kitchen. Justin was an ass and she's glad he can't be found. Arat storms after her, "I find it pretty weird how just hours after you two have a sprawl and you telling him you're gonna kill him, he goes missing. "

Katherine laughs, throwing her head back," I don't suppose you're accusing me of this? If I killed him do you really think I'd hide him? No, I'd hang his body up and set an example out of what would be left of h-"

"Katherine, stop!" Rick gives her an angry look. "Did you do something?" Katherine steps back a little shocked. "You seriously don't think it was me, do you?" Rick stares at her blankly, and Katherine didn't need him to respond. "Wow." She exits the house still in the clothes she slept in and walk down to the cellar.

"Boy, do I have a story for you!" She slams open the door.

"Oh, please, not today. I can't have another day of you whining about your problems. "Negan continues to throw the tennis ball in the sky. "What are you gonna do? Walk away? You're my prisoner. "She sits on the lone seat in the corner of the room and kicks her feet against the wall. Negan groans, throwing his head back. He knew she was right, he had nowhere to go. "So once of your disciples started a fight with me yesterday, and then he went missing today and Rick thinks I have something to do with it?" She scoffs.

"That's a little outta your league, sweetheart. "He responds.

"That's what I said!" She throws her arms in the air. "I can't believe this. Why would I do that? I mean, I hate the guy, but for Rick to accuse me of that is completely ridiculous. "

"I can't believe he accused you of that," Negan responds. "Have you spoke to Rick?" Katherine nods," I attempted to!" She huffs. Negan chuckled at her reaction, he genuinely enjoyed her presence even if he didn't want to admit it. Katherine chews her lip deep in thought," Would any of your people want that asshole dead?"

"All of people were at each others throats every day. Hundreds of people with different stories who wouldn't have been friends in the real world, it's a possibility. "Negan shrugs.

"Thank you. "She stands up. "Maybe you are worth something. "Negan didn't know why that stung deeper than he would've liked.

Katherine left after awhile of complaining, Negan was a great listener it turned out. Katherine stops at the steps of her house to see Rick sat outside. "I'm sorry," he sighs. "I shouldn't of assumed. "Katherine takes a seat beside him. "It's okay. But you ever accuse me of something like that again, I'm gonna search the whole earth for hair removal cream and I'm gonna stick it on your head. "She nudges him. Rick let's out a chuckle a kissed her temple affectionately.

It felt nice being in his arms again. The warmth of his body against hers, the feeling of being loved, cared for. Katherine had a hard time even letting anybody touch her after Carl, but in a world like this, every second counts.

<><><><>

UNEDITED

This is so bad. I'm so, so sorry for taking so long to upload. I have severe writers block lately with this book, so I'm going to take a step back just until I can clear my thoughts. However long I take will be indefinite. I am currently working on a book that I'm enjoying writing, it's based off of the show Shadowhunters if anybody would be interested - please let me know If that's something you're interested in. I took time off writing for a long time - as you all know, since this is my main projected, my only project I haven't unpublished. I would rather take a break at writing this than sit down and write something I pulled out of nowhere and I'm unhappy with. It took me weeks and months to finalise this decision.

My Shadowhunters book - A Little Death has now officially been published for you to read. Please show me some support.

Thank you for your understanding,

Caits x