New Beginnings

New Beginnings

The group were exhausted, on edge and weak. Lori was ready to give birth any minute now. Katherine's hair grew out longer than she'd like, just reaching above her butt. Beth often braided it into two French braids to keep it from her face, and Katherine was forever grateful for the kind gesture. Katherine and Rick grew closer, she'd give him advice when he met a dead end and didn't know what to do next.

House after house, the group kept pushing deeper into Georgia, looking for a safe haven to call home, but they never found somewhere safe enough that lasted.

Rick, Daryl, T, Carl and Katherine enter the abandoned house, Rick and T took down the first two walkers they crossed paths with. Katherine and T took upstairs, looking around for food or danger. The floor behind her creaked, causing her to swiftly turn around, ready to attack, but it was just Daryl. She sighed and put down her gun. The two enter a bedroom to be faced with an owl that Daryl quickly shot down.

The group sat in the living room area and stayed silent. Everyone was tired and hungry. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife. Carl pulled out dog food and began opening it, but Rick stormed over and took it off him, throwing it into a fire place, making Katherine jump slightly. T whistled and pointed out to the walkers that were approaching, sending the group on their way, again.

-

"We've got no place left to go," T-Dog sighs, overlooking the map again.

Katherine points West," Then we push West, we haven't been up that way yet," she explains.

"When this herd meets up with that one, we'll be cut off," Maggie points to the map, gesturing to where each herd was. Katherine nods in agreement, fixing her leather glove that gave her a better grip on her blades.

"We could try Greenville?" Glenn suggests.

Rick shakes his head," We've been through there already. Right now we just have to hope that the river slowed the walkers down. "

"We can't keep going house to house," Katherine looks to Rick," We need somewhere we can hold up for a few weeks, months maybe. She's ready to pop any minute. "she nods her head toward Lori.

"While the others wash their panties, let's go hunt," Daryl says to Rick. "That owl didn't exactly hit the spot. "

-

"You think we can take it?" Katherine asks, looking over the prison in front of her. Rick nods and pulls out wire cutters and cuts the wires. "If you say so," she sighs tiredly.

Everyone enters the runway and runs to where two guard towers were. "We gotta shut that gate," Katherine points to the open gate ahead.

"I'll do it, I'm the fastest," Glenn steps up. "No, it's a suicide run!" Maggie scoffs.

"Beth, Glenn and Maggie pick the walkers off over there through the fence. Hershel and Carl take this guard tower, Kat, Daryl and Carol go to this guard tower- Carol, you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time, we don't got a lot of ammo to waste. T go over there and I'll run for the gate. "Rick sets the plan into motion. The group get into position and start picking walkers off one- by- one. Katherine pulls out her blade and lines it up, hitting a Walker straight in the head that ran for Rick, who nodded her way as a thanks. He picks up her blade and starts picking off the undead. Katherine takes out her gun and shoots down some.