The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

Katherine

She knew nothing ever lasts forever, of course she knew that, but the feeling of heartbreak was too much to bare. Abraham and her didn't get off on the same foot back when they had first met, but when they pushed it all aside, they managed to form a bond that even Katherine liked.

"Suck my nuts. "Abraham spits out with a smashed skull. Negan found that hilarious, he mocked him and swung again until Abraham was mashed into the concrete. Katherine sobbed uncontrollably, poor Rosita, she thought. Rosita was a strong, independent woman, but nothing could make her feel cold to Abraham. Katherine felt lightheaded, especially when Daryl stood up and punched him in the face. Dwight and Simon pulled him back and began beating him.

"No! Stop. Please stop!" Katherine pleads. Carl wraps his arms around her to try keep her down. Negan turns to her," Are you two boning?"  He laughs. "H- he's my brother. "

"Brother! Damn, I can see the similarities. "Negan grabs her face. "I want you to watch what my men to do men like your brother. "She tries to turn her head but his grip was like a vice. "And I want you to watch what I'm gonna do. "Negan stands up.

She remembered her promise, of course she did. It wasn't time yet, it wasn't a goodbye, still, with blood splattered on her teary face, she stares in complete shock and agony at the brains that painted the concrete floor. His fingers still twitching from the nerves fighting for life. His body laid lifeless. She still remembered her promise. Her glossy eyes stare, bore into the picture in front of her, she couldn't pull herself out of the horrifying trance. She still remembered her promise. Her promise, the promise. The promise was silly, stealing another red Dodge Challenger and driving it like crazy. His body, lifeless. Glenn Rhee, her friend, her best friend, her brother, lifeless. She flinches when Negan puts the bat in front of her face.

"The day will come when you won't be." Jenner was right. Katherine wasn't grateful for the chance he had given them.

"Go to the RV," he orders, completely unfazed by what he had done. "Or I'll bash her head next," he points to Maggie who was hunched over, violent sobs erupting from her chest.
Katherine crawls to her feet, her legs felt like jelly, she drags her feet to the RV, taking one last look to Daryl, before the door closes, blocking her vision from seeing her friends. 

<><><><>

"Look at my dirty girl. "She could still hear him mocking Glenn. She laid her head against the cold glass window of the RV and sobs. She couldn't stop it, her eyes stung from the tears. She waited nervously. She could hear Rick outside in the walker invested street fighting them off. She was numb. She couldn't even form a sentence. Her head was ringing, she could barely hear. Her vision blurred from the tears, but when Rick finally arrived and wrapped his arms tightly around her and pulled her to his chest, she felt warmth. Rick knew the importance Glenn was to her, to the group.

They pull back up to the opening in the woods. Negan pulls Rick out by the coat and holds out a hand to help Katherine down the steps, she walks past him and fall down beside Maggie. She immediately grabs Maggie's hand and grab an arm around Maggie for support.
Negan kneels to Rick again," You're staring at me the same way. Bring me my ax!" Negan shouts.
Simon walks over with his axe, Negan takes it and grabs Rick for everyone to see.

"You two, come. "Negan points to Carl and Katherine. They look to each other before standing up. "Lay down on each side of him. "They do. Negan pulls up each of their sleeves and draws a line. "Everyone point your guns at their heads and level It with their noses so it- " Negan mimics an explosion.