Tell It To The Frogs

Katherine

The car comes to an abrupt halt. Glenn and I quickly jump out, but we were bombarded with questions and voices of many people shouting various things at us.

'' Holy crap, turn that off!'' A man in his late 60's yelled.

'' I don't know how!'' Glenn states, becoming overwhelmed with everyone in his face.

A man and a woman proceeded to speak at once.

'' Pop the hood ,please. Pop the damn hood, please.'' The man asks, panic present in his voice.

''My sister-'' The woman started, but the man from before spoke over her.

''Pop the damn hood.'' He yelled, in hopes Glenn would finally pay attention to him.

''What? Okay. Okay. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!'' Glenn yelled, getting in the car and popping the hood.

The blonde girl- who I'm assuming is Andrea's sister- began asking about Andrea again.

''Yes!'' He yelled.

God, this group was so annoying already. I looked around the unfamiliar faces, trying to pinpoint Daryl but he wasn't here. Where is that asshole?

''Merle not so much-''.

''What?!'' I snapped, making my way to Glenn.  ''What do you mean,'Merle not so much'? Cuz' he's meant to be with your group?'' I yell in annoyance and fear of my brother not returning.

A look of pity took over Glenn.

''Who's she?'' 'Pop the hood' guy asks.

Glenn ignored him and turned to me,'' That is if they could get him out in time.'' He explained.

My heart began to pound and tears threatened to spill, but I held them in. If they left Merle there he could die of starvation, dehydration and worst of all.... the dead. I clench and unclench my fists, but refused to lash out.

'' If they leave him there he'll die.'' I explain, shakily breathing out.

Glenn nodded,' We know- I know. But Katherine, they have him. They wouldn't just leave them there. "He reassured.

Best be the truth, or I'll start hitting people.

''Who is she?'' The man asked again. Glenn turned around to face him.

''She's Merle and Daryl's sister, Katherine Dixon .'' Glenn informed.

The groups faces turned to dread,'' Another one?'' The man asked,'' Hell, our hands were full with just two rednecks with anger issues, now you wanna add another? The hell do we look like to you? A day care?''.

'' How 'bout I show you anger issues when I cut you up and wear your spine as a necklace, jackass.'' I say through gritted teeth.

Women and children looked scared hell, everyone looked wary of me now. Do I care? Hell no.

The truck approaches and I meet it halfway. I look through the window to Rick,'' Merle?'' I ask.

He shook his head,'' I'm sorry Katherine, I-''.

''No. No Rick ,tell me you're joking? Tell me he's here, he'll die out there'' Rick's head hung in shame. "Start this damn van and bring me back. ".

"I can't do that, it's too risky. "Rick says sadly.

My chest felt heavy and I felt like I was gonna break down, with a deep breath I jump into the back of the van that was now vacant and let it out. Merle was a dick but he didn't deserve this. I left him there, what sister does that? If he dies , It'll be my fault. The tears kept coming, it's been a while since I let it all out, a long while.