Chaos

Chaos

Katherine

Katherine thrived on chaos, she thrived on adrenaline. She knew that in order to live, she needed to make moments to remember. She wanted people to remember her by the good deeds she did, but was risking her life like this really worth it? Katherine stood, high above the dried out quarry below, and watches the walkers make their way past the two large trucks and start to form into the even bigger herd.

"That doesn't look good," she breathes out shakily. "You know the plan." Rick squeezes her shoulder, she pecks his lips and climbs on the back of Daryl's motorcycle. Her arms wrap around him like a vice.
"Ready?" Katherine didn't respond, and so he took off. She takes one last look at Rick before the trees blur him out.

<><><><>

Katherine paces the old bridge in anticipation. Being away from Daryl made her feel uneasy. She was now at her outpost alone, the whole group were split into different sections to guide the herd of undead. Daryl was with Sasha and Abraham, but still, she didn't find comfort in the distance. She wipes the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand as she glances down the highway, no sign of the dead. She grips her radio tightly in her hand and sighs, hours of silence, surely the herd would be here by now.

"Guys," she presses the red button," I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't think you controlled the herd.... How difficult could it be to manipulate a bunch of brain dead freaks?" She chuckles. "Guys?" The silence was making her anxious. "Guys?!" Her voice was desperate and urgent. "Fuck," she mutters, placing the radio in her belt. She picks up her machine gun and pulls the strap over her shoulder. "Abandoning post. I repeat, abandoning post-"

"Kat! The walkers are heading home!" Rick's frantic voice shouts through the radio. Katherine pauses, her throat becomes dry and her hands become sticky in a thin layer of sweat. "I-I'm heading that way now." She replies, grabbing the motorcycle Daryl found on a run for her. "I'm gonna be there so-" the radio was knocked from her hand as a fist connects with her jaw. She falls off the bike with a groan. She looks up as a blade enters her shoulder, she grabs at her attackers face and aims for her eyes. 

A scrawny looking woman, mid- thirties with a 'W' carved into her forehead smirks down at her, dirt and grime lathered her teeth. Katherine grimaces and scratches at her face, the woman's hand wraps around her throat and squeezes, she gasps and slaps her away, but the woman didn't budge. "There's no way out," she whispers to Katherine. Katherine reaches up and stabs her in the face, the woman falls back and wails. Katherine stands up and kicks her in the face with a grunt," There's always a way way," she grumbles and stomps her head repeatedly.

"Kat?!" Rick shouts. "Katherine!" His voice breaks over the radio. Katherine looks to the blade in her shoulder and winces, she picks up her radio. "I'm here. "

"Thought I lost you for minute. "Rick sighs in relief. "It's a lot harder than a stab wound to kill me." She chuckles. 
"A stab wound? Are you okay? Where are you?"

"Rick, get back to Alexandria, I'll meet you there. "Katherine puts the radio away. She jumps on the bike and takes off without glancing back.

<><><><>

Katherine felt like she was in a movie, everything moved in slow motion. Walkers reach for her and growl as she passes by. She zooms through the gates of Alexandria. Rick slams the gate closed and runs to her.
"Your shoul-" she smashes her lips against his. "We have more things to worry about than a stab wound. "She points to the shadows of the walkers gnawing at the gate. "Let's get you to Denise. "Rick ignores her and pulls her with him.