Reunion

Reunion

Katherine

Katherine's eyes bore into Luke's blue ones, her heart was beating at an inhumane rate, she felt all her emotions step forward and her eyes began to water.

Luke steps forward," Let her go, I'm not going to ask again." He warns.

Rick looks to Luke, who was now slowly taking steps forward. Morale's moved his and Katherine's body facing the door. "You never followed order, Luke, you were always so pathetic. "Luke snorts. "That's rich coming from a man who has used as a servant. "Morales grits his teeth together in anger," You-" he spurts as a object was injected into his throat.

"Asshole. "Daryl grits as his body drops to the ground. Katherine looks to Luke and then to Rick.

"Are you okay?" They ask in unison.
"I'm fine. "She assures them, looking back down to Morales. "We should go..."she says.
How could she tell Luke that she never bothered to search for him and then married another man? What would he think?

"Yeah..." Daryl squints his eyes at Luke suspiciously. "Drop it, D." Katherine warns and pushes past him.

Katherine takes the baby from Rick's arms. She met up with Aaron, who was standing by looking broken, katherine immediately went into protective mode.

"What happened?" She gently turns him to her. His puffy eyes have it away," Aaron...."she trails sadly. Aaron sobbed and wraps his arms around her, she hugs him back tightly. "It's okay. "She knew what he experienced wasn't okay, but he needed to know he had someone. The baby stirs and let's out a cry to which Aaron immediately pulls back.

"Was she inside?" Tobin asks Katherine who nods in response. "She uh- Rick found her. "She responds.
"Let me take her to the Hilltop...she'll be safe with me. "

"You sure?" Katherine asks Aaron. He nods and holds out his arms, she gently placed the baby down. "Eric and I were gonna go up and see Maggie. "Katherine nod's understandingly. "I know she'll be more than safe. "She smiles comfortingly.

"Her names Gracie. "Rick says with a hand on Aaron's shoulder. "Hi Gracie. "He smiles down at her.

"I'm so sorry about Eric." Katherine says sympathetically. "Thank you, Kat." He smiles.

"You go back and get Daryl's bike.... I'll go see if there's any survivors. "Katherine whispers to Rick. "You sure?" She nods. "I'll be fine. "

"I'll go with her." Luke offers.

"Nah." Daryl scoffs. "You're not leavin-"

"You can't stop me, Daryl. "She smirks. "Plus, I can handle him." She nods toward Luke. Daryl walks up to Luke so they're face to face," If a hair on her head is out of place ima feed you to the tiger we got. "

"So the story about the tiger was true?" Luke asks dumbfounded. Katherine chuckles and looks back to Rick, who pulls her in for a kiss.

<><><><>

The silence between the two was deafening. Katherine wasn't sure how she felt right now or whether she trusted Luke, she knew his intentions were good, but could she trust him?

"So you and uh, Rick?" Luke clears his throat.

Katherine leans down to a body and checks for a pulse but got nothing. "Yeah." She responds.
"How did that happen?" He checks the next body.
"How did you end up with Negan?"
"I asked first. "He shoots back.

Katherine rubs the sweat from her forehead," We met 'bout two months into the fall, I was looking for my brothers and in doing so I met him and his family. There was a whole group of us, really amazing people... I found my brother Merle and lost him in the same day- he didn't die, he was just gone- Rick handcuffed him to a roof and he chopped his hand off. Since then we were a group, he had his wife and son, we met more people on a farm when one of theirs shot his son Carl....they were good people. The farm was overrun and we lost more people, we were on the road for months until we broke into a prison and made it ours...That got attacked by a man who called himself The Governor. I found Merle....The Governor killed him-" she sniffles, staring blankly at the door ahead of her. "We were on the road again and got into some altercations with others, eventually we made it to Alexandria, then we ran into your group and they killed my best friend."