Misery is My Best Friend

Katherine

How could such a sweet soul be taken so soon? Katherine felt anger bubble up inside her as she looks into Glenn's saddened eyes. Noah was gone, he was gone and he was never coming back. Such a sweet, kind hearted boy. Another death in such little time. Katherine felt like she was going to explode. Noah was dead and it was Nicholas' fault, but there he stood, avoiding taking responsibility for the death of a young man he had caused. He cried to Deanna playing the victim. Deanna had lost Aiden too, and Katherine wanted to say,' I told you so, you're all weak. ', but that would make her no better of a person than Nicholas. So, she turned to her and said,' I'm deeply sorry for your loss." Losing a child couldn't be easy, she still had both Carl and Judith, but the thought of seeing their sweet faces stiff and without life made her shudder.
Glenn hugs her tightly, his chest bursts in pain, sobs muffled into Katherine's neck.
"Shhh," she shushed him. "It's okay. "It wasn't okay and she knew that. Witnessing a close friend being torn apart and not being able to save them was far from okay.

"I couldn't save him," he sobs. Katherine caresses his head," There was nothing you could do. "She says in a comforting voice. "We will avenge Noah," glaring at Nicholas. He knew she was unimpressed with him.

Here's how Katherine's day went before Glenn and company came back.

"So, what you're saying is.... Abraham nearly got you killed and what Francine is saying is Abraham saved her. Which was it? Hmmm? He nearly got you killed or he saved her?" Katherine questions Tobin with a head tilt.

"He abandoned her," Tobin lies.
"Tobin..." Katherine trails. "I don't know what crack you people have been taking, but I've been out on the road with Abe, and he's not the man to abandon someone. So I suggest you stop with the lies and tell the damn truth, because I'm losing my patience with you people trying to sabotage my people's chance at a fresh start. "Tobin looked to Deanna, who was looking at Francine on the medical table, Pete tending to her leg. "He saved me," she reiterated.
"Then it's settled, you're a lying piece of crap and our people cleaned up your mess.... Again. "She smiles and exits.

"Thank you," Abraham says from the porch, Katherine turns, she hadn't even noticed him. "For saving my ass in there. You and I didn't really get off on the right foot and I apologise for that. "He sincerely says.
Katherine nods to him," It's all good. You don't need to thank me for what's right. "She chuckles.

Abraham sighs," Have a good day. "Katherine waves him off," You too!" She calls back. She makes her way to her home where Carol was, wiping down the counter and looking after Judith.

"Hey."

"Hey." Katherine sits on the counter and steals a cookie. "Back to baking?" Katherine smirks, breaking the cookie in two and biting the other half. "Shut up," Carol throws the towel at her head. "I need to talk to you about something.... Earlier on I had Sam over baking cookies and he said he wanted a gun to protect him mom, so I went to see Jessie and Pete answered, he refused to let me see her. I could be wrong but-"

"I've seen her bruises, the way she stammers and apologises for the littlest things..... my daddy use to have me apologising for sneezing too loud... I think I know where this conversation is going and I agree, Pete is a weird, creepy guy. "Katherine replies. "What do you need me to do?" Carol stands in front of her," We need to stop him. Ed, he...he was the same. I know you already know that, but men like him don't stop and it's up to women like us to protect women in need. "Katherine holds up her hand, Carol high fives it. "Praise that, Ma'am. "

"I know how this is gonna go with Pete. There's only one way it can go. You're gonna have to kill him." Katherine looks at Carol through hooded eyes, her eye twitches, she smirks and twirls her blade.
"If it comes down to that I'm game. "