After

After

Katherine

"Ruby, you know, if I learned anything from these past few weeks is that never trust a motherfucker again. And I know, I can't live with trust issues forever, but the Governor took so many good people, y'know? And it's like, I warned Rick and he didn't listen to me and know I don't even know if he's...." Katherine swallows the lump in her throat. "I just.... I don't know what I'll do if I never see my people again... my family. " she felt herself slowly become a little insane as the days went on and the only living thing she had to speak to was Ruby, and Ruby was a great listener, but how long before she became utterly insane?

She searches so many neighbourhoods for food or water and nothing, but she refused to give up, by the end of the week she was on a railway. The tracks reached out for miles ahead, she was unsure as to what was at the end of the line. She passed signs that said Terminus, but she told herself she'd avoid any conflict with a new group. The sun set behind her, overcasting in orange and yellow hues. The days were shorter and nights were longer and colder, her skin was dry from the cold air that sat on her skin.

Nighttime fell and Katherine found a secure place in the woods to set up camp. Ruby was safe by her side and the road was just a little bit away. Some say the woods is safer and there's more cover, which can be true, but the woods was also full of roamers too and Katherine didn't feel like dealing with that tonight. She uses her hand as a pillow and curled up into a ball, the cold floor of the woods made her shiver, it was damp from the cool air, but she managed to get some sleep.

Katherine was pulled awake by voices. She looked around her to see it was still dark, the arguing seemed to be coming from the road to her left. She pulls herself up and grabs her gun that she still had from the prison and crawled into the bushes to keep her cover. She saw a middle aged man with a gun pressed to someone's head, she couldn't see the victim. She saw another one walk to a car and knock on the glass with a sinister smile.

"Oh, dearie me. You screwed up, asshоlе. You hear me? You screwed up. Today is a day of reckoning, sir. Restitution. A balancing of the whole damn universe. sh¡t, and I was thinking of turning in for the night on New Year's Eve. " the man who was holding the gun says. "Now who's gonna count down the ball dropper with me, huh?" He laughs, before he begins counting.

"Joe! Hold up!" A familiar voice pleads.

"Daryl, you're holding me on eight. "

Katherine felt her heartbeat pick up. He was alive.

"These people, you're gonna let them go. They're good people. "Daryl steps into Katherine's view. "Now, I think Lou would disagree with you on that. I'll, of course, have to speak for him and all 'cause your friend here strangled him in a bathroom. "Joe waves the gun again and from him moving slightly to the side, Katherine got a glimpse of Rick. Her grip tightens on her gun.

Daryl drops his crossbow," You want blood, I get it. Take it from me. "He holds his arms out. "Teach 'em, fellas!" Joe turns back to Rick as his people start beating Daryl. Katherine saw red the moment she seen one of the men undo Carl's belt. She pulls out her blade and flings it into one of their chest, he drops and spits out blood. She steps out of the woods and shoots another and turns to Joe," Blood for blood." She whispers, she shoot's Michionne's attacker in the leg and slides her gun to Michionne. She ducks under one of the men's punches and catches him in the jaw. A gunshot rings the air as Rick throws his head back, him and Joe start fighting, but Rick stood back up and ripped his throat out with his teeth.