Chapter- 6

Chapter- 6 (Ayanokouji's POV)

In the gymnasium we found an odd company waiting for us. Kanzaki and Hirata seemed to be discussing further strategies for combined events.

Shortly after we entered, the students of Class A arrived as well. Kanzaki walked back to his class and Hirata came to us.

"From today on we plan to hold daily practice for the group events which require cooperation of our classes." Hirata announced.

"Fine by me." Sudou didn't give it a second thought.

"From group events which one do you exactly mean?" Ike asked.

"Events like Cavalry battle, Tug of war and Pole toppling. The outcome of these games heavily depend on teamwork and coordination, so I hope everyone is okay with it. After all, in these events our classes will be on the same team."

"Yeah, let's do it."

On the other side Kanzaki had prepared his team as well.

"If you all are ready then let's meet in the school ground in a few minutes. We have the equipment ready to practice there."

As instructed both of the teams assembled on the ground, the first event was pole toppling.

In the real event there will be two classes competing against the other two, but right now we only had half of that strength.

Thus it was decided that we won't attack and defend simultaneously, instead one team will practice attacking the other and then the other way around. This would give each team an equal exposure.

"We will be attacking first!" Shibata shouted from a distance, the guys behind him were ready to launch themselves.

"Sure, I will signal you when the team is ready."

"Huh? I wanted to attack first."

"The next will be our turn to Sudou-kun, for now let's focus on our defense. First, we need a ninja. Anyone who would like to take the role?" Hirata asked, looking around.

"What's a ninja?" Ike asked.

"The ninja is the player that sits on the top of the pole. The game ends once the ninja falls off the pole or the pole hits the ground."

"Ehh, that sounds kinda dangerous."

"So who will do it?"

We looked at each other and slowly all the eyes turned towards me.

"No." Instinctively the word came out of my mouth.

"C'mon Ayanokouji it isn't like you will do anything on the ground."

"Leave him alone Ike, it shames me to admit it but that guy has the third highest grip strength of our class. He is stronger than you."

For the first time in my life I felt thankful to Sudou. The role of ninja was the comfortable one when compared to that of attacker and defender. But, the desperation with which the ninja clings to the pole isn't something I would like to suffer.

"What?! Ayanokouji you too!"

Ninja had to be the useless piece, Ike soon realized there wasn't anyone as useless as him around and climbed up. Yukimura would've been a good option but I doubt he would've been able to cling to the pole after a little disturbance to it.

"Oi Sudou, if I die in one of these, tell Kikyou-chan that I loved her." Ike sang his dirge himself.

"Yeah yeah quit whining, if you die I will tell her I loved her."

"BAKA! Tell her 'I' loved her, not you!"