Chapter- 9

Chapter- 9 The actual battle begins

(A/n: During this sports festival I might be switching POVs a lot, cuz having a good grasp of it from only one POV isn't possible. Yes, if needed I will go for third person narration as well.)

Ayanokouji's POV

"What do you mean by that?!" Karuizawa yelled at me.

Tomorrow was the sports festival, I wasn't planning to reveal any sensitive information to Karuizawa at this point since there is a chance she might've turned into a double agent and could potentially leak my plans to Hirata.

Although the possibility of betrayal is very slim given her nature, it is better to avoid unnecessary complications.

"Exactly what you heard." With those words we departed.

"Now then."

Once Karuizawa was out of sight I took out my phone and made a call. Within a few rings they picked up.

Ichinose's POV:

At last the day arrived, the entire student body of the school gathered wearing jerseys. There weren't any spectators to watch it like it usually happens in middle school so it felt a little sad.

After a small speech by Fujimaki senpai, the school set up buckets and balls without wasting any time.

The first event was Ball toss. It will go from the first year towards the third year, the red team versus white team event has begun.

We all stood at the starting point, ready to dash to the court.

"H-Honami-chan I am feeling scared." Mii-chan whined standing beside me.

"You have practiced hard, don't doubt yourself now." I reassured her.

"Yeah, I will make sure you don't step in the circle." Matsushita-san stood beside Mii-chan.

Indeed, the participants were supposed to aim all the balls standing out of the circle of three meters. If they throw while stepping into it then they get penalized.

Bang

Everyone frantically ran to the court, there were a total of 100 balls. Once all the balls were in the basket the game would end, the team which had scored more would win.

Several minutes passed, each time the ball didn't fall in the basket a frustration would take a small bite of the student's focus.

All in all this was a game of patience. From repeated practice the participants of our class had mastered it to an extent.

"Tch, why the hell do you not fall in the basket?!" Shinohara-san was talking to the ball. Okay, maybe all of them didn't master it.

"Hey! Watch where you are stepping!" A girl from white team yelled at another girl. She had short blue hair and a small frame. But her eyes were fierce.

She was yelling at the back of another girl who had thigh length purple hairs. The girl turned back at her and asked.

"You wanna say something?" Why do I feel I have seen her before. 

Both the individuals seemed irritated, ready to fight. I noticed besides me other students from my team were distracted, while the white team kept going on; not paying them much attention.

"Don't lose your focus! Keep pitching!" I yelled, bringing them back to reality.

A few more minutes passed and my eyes caught a big screen projecting the scores.