Chapter- 7

Chapter- 7 (Ayanokouji's POV continued)

On Saturday afternoon I went to visit the convenience store once more, to buy tea packets. By the time I returned it was already 3:30.

After relaxing a little I washed my face and combed my hair. I wasn't exactly a fan of grooming but soon enough I realized one should groom themselves for the sake of others comfort.

I don't want people to look at me and feel uncomfortable.

I put three cups of water to boil on the stove, unlike other days today I was expecting a few guests.

Ring

"Huh?"

I checked the time to find it is already 3:45, it would be natural for early birds to show up. Keeping my phone in my pocket, I opened the door.

"Good afternoon, Ayanokouji-kun." Ichinose beamed at me.

"Good afternoon."

I walked in and she followed me . . . .. to the kitchen as well.

"Hehe, I knew you would have started by now. I will also have barley tea today."

"Are you sure? I have a few packets of green tea left."

"Nah, I drink that daily. It's cool to have some barley tea for a change."

"Very well."

"I will brew the barley tea, you handle the coffee." She gently poured two thirds of the water into another container.

She hummed amiably as the water boiled and skillfully brewed the tea.

Ring

Guess the others are here as well. Ichinose went ahead and welcomed them. I brought the rest of the drinks to the table as everyone took their seats.

"Sorry to bother you Ayanokouji-kun."

"It is okay."

Hirata and Ichinose discussed the statistics of the class they had acquired during the training sessions of this week. Horikita silently observed them, analyzing their reports one by one.

Slowly but surely they had started to fill up the participation table.

"Ichinose-san, would you mind organizing the training session for the ball toss?"

"Oh, don't worry about that, I have already gathered the girls for it."

"Can you list them?"

"Sure." Ichinose passed him a piece of paper.

"Is my name in it?" Horikita asked.

"For ball toss, I picked up the unathletic girls."

"Are you in it?"

"Um yes I am."

"Why?"

"Well it would become a waste of time if I was organizing a practice session and not practicing so I thought I would participate in it as well."

"Hmm."

Listening to all of their plans I drank a few sips of my barley tea. It was still better than what I usually brewed, if anything it is worth the small trouble of having them here.

"Lately, Class B students have been spying on us."

"Yes, I have also spotted a few here and there. They show up in our joint practice session with Class A." Ichinose added.

"Collecting information on other classes is going to be crucial, we should put similar strategies at work." Horikita suggested.

"Ichinose-san, would you mind taking some time out of your sessions to do that?"