Case study and afterword

First let's hop onto the case study. How did Ayanokouji win the race? 

I will take my attempt on clearing your doubts in case you have any. 

In real LN the team was Sudou, Hirata, Onodera, Maezono, Kushida and Ayanokouji. But right now it is Sudou, Hirata, Akito (significantly faster than the girl) , Onodera, Ichinose( Faster than Kushida) and Ayanokouji. Ok, now keep that in mind for now and understand that Class D is going to take significantly less time than in real one since 200m were covered by Akito instead of Maezono. 

In real LN: Class 3-A girl runner had taken a spill and fell down. But in the fanfic that didn't happen, it was a mistake around 5th runner when the guy mishandled the baton for a few seconds. This event takes lesser time than the girl to fall over and then start running again. 

So from the above two points please understand that both 1-D and 3-A were faster than that in real LN. 

In real LN the lead Hirata and Sudou gained was gone by the time Onodera passed the baton to Maezono who was the fourth runner. In this case the lead hadn't vanished until the fifth runner who was Ichinose, since Akito was able to keep the lead during his turn unlike Onodera. 

As for why Shibata is nerfed so hard?  

In real LN: The Class B had already overtaken Class D by the end of fourth runner, as mentioned by Ayanokouji they were only one from first  year to compete with seniors. However this time Class D had also tagged along with them, it was during fifth runner Ichinose when Kanzaki overtook her. 

In real LN: After Shibata ran off chasing Nagumo, Manabu and Kiyotaka had a long nice chat about Class D and Suzune, then finally when Ayanokouji asks Manabu to race him, he tells him that he will accept his challenge if Manabu gives up on his chances to get the 2nd place. Now . . Nagumo was already gone Shibata was chasing him for a long time, to have a chance at 2nd place meant Manabu would've overtook Shibata. And this Ayanokouji said when Manabu didn't even have the baton. After a few second Manabu takes his baton so it was a considerable time to overtake Shibata. 

In the fanfic however, this convo didn't take place after Shibata left, Manabu got his baton soon and Nagumo ran off since according to his calculations any further delay and he won't be able to catch Shibata. Now the long chit chat that went on in LN doesn't happen here, it is only "Run as fast as you can" then race. 

Lastly Nagumo has been mentioned to be league above Shibata by Ayanokouji. And Ayanokouji has mentioned that he outmatches Nagumo in athletics. Hope that justifies the win Ayanokouji got, in case more questions pop up feel free to ask I will try to answer them in comment section if this answer isn't satisfactory. 

Afterword: 

*looks around* 

So you read this huh? 

Well the next volume the story will start to deviate a little more and more from LN, things will gear up a little soon. However, now that I am done writing sports festival I got a life to return to.  I will start updating again once I have next volume planned and go on updating spree lol. 

You might consider following me so that you are notified when that happens. Anyways cya around till next time.