Chapter- 21 Curtain falls; The festival ends.

Chapter- 21 

Curtain falls; The festival ends.

Ayanokouji's POV:

Once we were done with the race, Ichinose untied the cord.

"Will Horikita be coming for the relay race?" I asked Ichinose before she could ask me anything.

"I hope so. But I don't think she would compete even if she made it, her injury seems serious."

"Register me for the anchor in the relay race, I will pay you the points later."

"Okay, but. .. nevermind." Without any further discussion we parted ways.

I returned to our tent, but it was mostly empty. Only a few students remained there; the recommended participants to be precise.

"Now only two events left, huh?" Akito said standing beside me.

"Yes, it seems we will have to go for it without Sudou." Akito gave a bitter nod. With nothing better to do I took a seat on the folding chair, from the tent of Class A I saw Hirata walking out.

Once he entered our tent, he approached me and Akito.

"Guys, I have a plan. Hear me out."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

All four teams assembled on the court, it was my first time playing a four way tug of war. Each team had one rope facing towards them, the ropes were of different colours.

Cones were set on four corners of a square, each team would pull the rope in order to make the center square cross the side of the bigger square they were competing in. Once that area is breached the event will conclude and the winner will be announced.

Measurement will be done in case any team doesn't win in given time limit, or if one wins then for the runner ups the distance will be measured.

[A/n: This is an example of what a winning position looks like

[A/n: This is an example of what a winning position looks like. As you can see the team wins when the team crosses it's side of the big square. I will call these sides the boundaries of the team to avoid confusion.]

Unlike the other classes, our class only had three participants for it. Hirata, Akito and myself.

The referee signaled us to get ready and we picked up our rope waiting for the signal to start. Our opponent was Class B, while Class A faced Class C.

I recalled what Hirata said before this started.

"Kinoshita isn't participating in the recommended events due to the injury she suffered during the collision with Horikita. Assuming that is another scheme of Ryuuen we should understand that he is ready to sacrifice his own chances of winning if it means to crush us,"