Chapter- 13

Chapter- 13 (Horikita's POV)

(Author's note: This is Horikita's POV, when they are returning to the base camp after Hirata and Karuizawa told them about the buried stuff.)

It was done, unease that just left me this morning was back with the results. Our leader's identity has been leaked to other classes. But the part that annoys me the most is that it is most probably one of our classmates, one of them had sold our class for some class points.

Here the fault is not of anyone else other than Ichinose for mishandling the keycard, we have no grounds to scold Karuizawa for the late reveal of this incident. She is the only reason we even came across its existence in the first place.

If it wasn't Ichinose, I would have berated the cardholder mercilessly. But deep down I acknowledged her abilities equal to mine, she was the only reason I complied with Hirata even a little.

When we reached the base camp my patience reached its limit.

"This is a result of your carelessness."

I turned back and blurted those words. After a brief moment of silence I left the scene, someone needed to say it out loud. She needs to understand that we will never reach Class A after this because of her fault.

I threw my bag under a tree and went into the forest. I need some peace to clear my head. After taking a stroll, I returned to the base, Ichinose was still sitting on the earth like a rock. I turned my head to find Ayanokouji sitting at the entrance of the boy's tent.

Wait. . .. That guy . .. He might come up with something if what Chabashira-sensei said was true. After thinking a lot I had deduced that Yamauchi had not obtained the recording himself after all, perhaps someone gave it to him. No one else fits in except this guy who would like to keep his profile low at all costs.

I would have doubted that he was special even if Chabashira-sensei repeated it a thousand times that he was special. But . . . my brother. When Ayanokouji fought with him he stated it clearly that Ayanokouji had piqued his interest. This is enough to convince me that he is special, but can he get the class out of this mess?

(Author's note: Yes, Ayanokouji did save Horikita from Manabu like it happened in LN. Since that time period was covered by Ichinose's POV it was not written.)

With my heart filled with doubt and hope I approached the man who loved peace and tranquility above all.

"Ayanokouji, how do you plan to get our class out of this predicament?"

"I don't have any plans, this is a checkmate."

"I know you do not want to help us reach Class A, but if things keep going like this you will starve as well while the traitor keeps draining our points every time."

"Why do you even think that I can help you? I just said there is no way out of this."

"I will tell you this; Chabashira-sensei have leaked information about you. I know you are more capable than you try to look."

He looked into my eyes, after a brief moment of silence he spoke.

"Were you really convinced by what sensei said? You know she likes playing around."

"Not only her, even the student council president acknowledged you. That is enough for me to deny your claims of being average."

I looked back into his eyes, he just stood up and started walking. Unconsciously I followed him, once we were deep in the woods he stopped and leaned on a tree.